GTA V announced [2011] , [2021-11-11]

I just hope they make the game fun this time instead of depressing. :yep2:

Judging from GTA4, RDR and what we've seen of Max Payne 3, it is not likely. GTA 5 will be an evolution of GTA 4. It will have a more cinematic type of storyline, and will probably be incredibly violent and depressing. If anything, I'd like to see them remove some of the zany characters and slapstick humour that felt at odds with the main storylines for those titles.

GTA 4 is over 3 years old now. I played it not long ago, and visually it is still in many ways fantastic. Control is laggy at times, but Red Dead Redemption didn't suffer from the same problem. I'm expecting very big things from this one. There is no reason for me to believe that they won't have made massive improvements from GTA4 over the course of the last three years. Maybe we'll get a taste of the kind of responsive shooting controls they can have when we see Max Payne 3. RDR was a big improvement in that regard already. This GTA 5 will be running on a Rage engine 2 generations (RDR, Max Payne 3) removed from GTA 4. I'm guessing it won't be released until late 2012 (christmas), at the earliest. Max Payne 3 is their game for spring 2012.
I would expect pretty big leaps in animations since RDR showed Euphoria in better light, plus R* North hired animator from canceled title "Eight Days" who's works seems pretty damn impressive. I expect better shooting, actually, much better shooting and of course graphics.

In Crackdown (the original), you could beat the game by just wandering in to the boss lairs and going on a rampage. If you do that in GTA you'll just get immediately murdered by the cops. You're punished for wanting to have a bit of funs with the tools they give you. I never really got it.

Starting wars with the police is one of the best things about GTA! I would hate if they took that aspect of the game away.

LA Noire face anim, am I right?

I would say no, actually. I think it would fill up too much disc space for this one. Also it seems to be taxing, and visually limiting in some respects. Laa-Yosh has posted extensively about the limitations.

I'd say no as well, regardless of the animation, the face itself looks completely flat and poor in LA Noire. Then we have the limitation of using the face of the actors for the characters.

Starting wars with the police is one of the best things about GTA! I would hate if they took that aspect of the game away.

That isn't what I meant.

What I meant is that from a gameplay perspective, starting wars with the police is completely meaningless.

It's one of the few really amusing things you can do in the game and from the perspective of doing the game it's.... a huge waste of time.

That's what makes the game so overall boring. The things you "have" to do to progress are so lame.

omg.jpg
:oops:
My favorite game franchise is getting a new sequel :cry: (tears of joy)
I can't really blame a person for wanting this game so much... But I've never played a GTA game -I watched a RL friend of mine playing the original on the PlayStation- and I am not hyped at all. :p I think I will have to try this game some day though.

I bought GTA IV for my PS3 and just didn't enjoy it at all. In fact it is one of the very few games I have traded or given away. And I now have a very large collection of PS3 games!!

Hope it's more SA than IV. People who have trouble wuth the controls are trying to put gta in a fps box. I agree that would be interesting, but the whole game would be different. It's like, imagine a Resident Evil game with good controls... weird, right?

Anyway, digi is right, IV was pretty sad. I kinda liked the art style, but the writing was kinda too real. I dont think anyone plays GTA hoping for a bummer. This is why i consider the real gta:sa successor to be Yakuza 4...

I really hope they allow a first person view or over-the-shoulder view, there was a mod for that on the PC version of GTA4 and it made it was really captivating walking/driving/shooting around a fully city in that view.

I don't mind if they keep it realistic but I do wish that if they do that, then they avoid missions that have you shooting officers or jacking black ops helicopters and whatever. It completely breaks the tension of it being realistic if you spend all this time networking and padding your pocket book but when a friend asks you to do him a favor by mowing down a legion of police officers in order to steal some tank, you just do it.

That also pissed me off in Mafia 2 where it was pretty realistic with traffic tickets for speeding/crashing forcing you to be careful, but then there was that one random jewelry store robbery mission that goes wrong and so you have to shoot a dozen police officers to get out. A game can't make you go from feathering the throttle to risking several trips to the electric chair all over one mission.

I bought GTA IV for my PS3 and just didn't enjoy it at all. In fact it is one of the very few games I have traded or given away. And I now have a very large collection of PS3 games!!

I couldn't get into IV at all either. In fact, none of the GTA games ever managed to hold my attention for very long. SA was probably the closest I got to being interested. I wouldn't mind a remake of that with Infamous 2's new Move controls supported, so I can go around the city and spray paint my club symbol with the Move ... :p

What Rockstar needs to learn is how to design a game with an interesting middle-act. RDR was better than GTA4 story-wise, but they both had a strong start, a good (at least passable) ending, and boring letdowns in the middle. Rockstar's version of a story is having a ton of pointless meandering filler with little or no relation to the actual story line. In both GTA4 and RDR, the protagonists do all kinds of jobs for people that make little to no sense and contribute nothing to the story or the development of the character. I'd like a series of stories that at least relate and connect to one another. LA Noire was pretty good at that. There was an overall story arch that everything fit into by the end. Each "desk" was a different story line that contributed to the whole. It never felt like you were doing things just to have more game.

What Rockstar needs to learn is how to design a game with an interesting middle-act. RDR was better than GTA4 story-wise, but they both had a strong start, a good (at least passable) ending, and boring letdowns in the middle. Rockstar's version of a story is having a ton of pointless meandering filler with little or no relation to the actual story line. In both GTA4 and RDR, the protagonists do all kinds of jobs for people that make little to no sense and contribute nothing to the story or the development of the character. I'd like a series of stories that at least relate and connect to one another. LA Noire was pretty good at that. There was an overall story arch that everything fit into by the end. Each "desk" was a different story line that contributed to the whole. It never felt like you were doing things just to have more game.

Is LA Noire a real sandbox game? The were like 30 mini-cases you could respond to when driving around but the core gameplay was very, very focused.

I think Assassin's Creed 2/Brotherhood did the sandbox concept right where you have multiple different people you have to work with and multiple areas you absolutely have to explore, liberate, and buy shops in if you want but it all comes together to finish your final goal of bringing down the conspiracy.

But GTA is about a criminal doing criminal things. Unless they make it about gang warfare or something, it's hard to make all the major quests connect with one ultimate objective besides making money. The past GTA's did have a loose goal of getting revenge though but the actual reasons for your missions were kind of all over the place. The Liberty City Stories expansions did seem better written though.

LA Noire is not much of a sandbox, just a big city the story takes place in. You really can't do anything but play through the story.

There has to be some way to have a more focused story line in the next GTA.

I'm just the messenger here, but news on the grapevine is the setting is actually Margate in England.

So here's what we know for sure so far:

1) It is a timed WiiU exclusive
2) The setting is Margate, England.

Well, I have a real inside scoop on the main character!

3) The game follows the story of Kevin Butler.

So here's what we know for sure so far:

1) It is a timed WiiU exclusive
2) The setting is Margate, England.

Well, I have a real inside scoop on the main character!

3) The game follows the story of Kevin Butler.

I'd heard that but thought it sounded a bit too good to be true. Kevin Butler in Margate does it for me though......

Back