GT4 Prologue media

maskrider

Henshin !
Veteran
I deleted that last post in the long GT4 vs Reality thread and create a new one for GT4 Prologue

Shots and images

Directory of shots and images

Some movies (Mirror provided by courtesy of Bruno Abreu)

Opening (25.4MB)

My server
Opening

Mirror
Opening

McLaren in action part 1, 2 and 3 (35.7MB, 27.3MB, 28.9MB)

My server
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

Mirror
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

Ending movie part 1 & 2 (58.2MB & 9.43MB)

My server
Part 1
Part 2

Mirror
Part 1
Part 2

A small section of Grand Canyon showing the animation of spectator (11.1MB)
Grand Canyon section

Driving in NY with Skyline GTR (1 loop)

Play (32.3MB)
New York Play

Replay (33MB)
New York Replay

Woa, thanks for all those media-stuff.

How does the game turned out? Are there any new features worth mentioning? How is the IQ of the (new?) 3D engine? Progr. scan? Improved physics?

A short review or some impressions would be great!

Thanks a lot. I really enjoyed watching the McLaren race around the track. Graphics look improved from the clips so I'm hoping for the best. How are the physics this time around? I'm assuming you have the game, if so are the level of modifications greatly improved? Car selection? Starting out, does it take you forever to proceed in the game like GT3?

Texture is definitely more detailed, even zoomed in during replay. And the screen is overall sharper comparing to GT3.

People (more experienced GT fans) said the physics model is very acurate in this version, and they like this new one very very much.

But the current Prologue version does not have any car customisation functions yet. And there are some graphics anomalies here and there, e.g. the reflection is weird.

Will post more later.

I am enjoying the game with my brand new GT Force Pro, feeling super great comparing to my old GT Force.

GA forum
Originally posted by Gek54
Now that I have been able to play it for more than 5 minutes, (3 hours now), I can say GT4:p is sweeter than hell. So sweet it will soften your stool and cause anal leakage. The Drift kings are going to fall in love and the rally fans will cream. Both with the standard wheel and the dualshock the cars handling is vastly improved. It goes beyond my expectations. GT4:p Challenges GPL, Rally Trophy and Papy's Nascar for pure driving experience. In the Evo IV I feel just like Tommi Makinen as the car handles just how I imagined.

Good lord are those first few licence tests lame. I got gold in all of them in my first or second try except for the second one. I have no idea how to get it under the 12.240. The animated crowds are pretty damn nice, they at alot of life to the game I just wish I could hit one of those damn photographers that run out in the middle of the road.

Anyone who is not enjoying this game make sure you have all the driving aids turned off.

Anyone who can read Japanese, can you tell me what the choices are for the wheel controler settings. And what exactly is the last set of options to choose right before you race, the two under the transmision setting?

Best god damn racing game on a console, hands down. Now I need that $150 wheel!

Ripped from GT.com quote of SSX
It's a lot tougher now, simply due to the fact that it's far more accurate than before. Notable points are the suspension and rubber. All 4 corners of the suspension behave more accurately, which increases the need for the ability to use weight-shift techniques. The rubber behaves more like actual rubber, you can sit there and roast the rears for hours if you want. Actual launch techniques besides keeping the gas pressed to the floor are now necessary.
The handling is going to upset some people. It has me quite happy, but that's purely because it is tough. It mirrors actual handling abilities of modern cars quite well - it really is hard to get the tail out on current production automobiles, which are set up from the manufacturer for understeer conditions. Drive the 240Z in comparison, and you'll have a sample of the "way it used to be", which is one of the reasons I loved my old 240Z so much.
This version brings back quite a bit of the magic of the original GT, and I think it will prove to be quite popular indeed for the right reasons.

Ripped from GTP forums quotes of Hari
Originally posted by synth61

so far, i've only played GT4 Prologue for an hour.
a few differences i've noticed between GT3 and GT4 Prologue are:

- as chaser said, the car sounds are much improved, it's awesome, listening to cars like the Nur Skyline.

-the voice over instructions on the licensing tests.

-the car graphics are amazing outside the game, they're great in the game, but outside they kick butt, the reflections in the cars look way more natural.

-the license tests, most of them seem not to have a time limit for bronze medals. the gold time is really really hard, it seems.

-after finishing the license test, what looks like your pit crew comes out and congratulates you. it's really strange seeing people in the game. the graphics are done nicely, it's just strange after not seeing any people or voices of people in GT1, 2 or 3.

-the license tests are divided into four basic levels, green, orange, blue and red. most of the green tests are done on an oval track with one turn being a 30m radius turn and the other being a 60 meter radius turn. think of it as a super-downsized super speedway from GT3.

i gotta go play more. be back soon. -syn

Originally posted by amar212

I'm amazed with this game. Despite the stunng graphic and sound, most important is the handling model. Now I'm into Gold Junking and with every next test I'm getting more and more amased with the job PD has done.

Taking full advantage of brake locking and steering model will be a challenge for the online time that is coming. Just imagine what the brake-locking will do for the tyre wear.

IMPORTANT: Has anyone noticed the codes for records? After you make a time on licence, you can check the times on a records section, and when you click on a certain time, the 4-lines-code is given. Where those codes can be entered?

I hope that final game will also give codes. That will be the end of the stupid and irrelevant times of circuitt records that are spreading over the internet like a disease.

Looks like Polyphony Digital has delivered again ... I guess when the full version with online play, gran turismo mode and 750+ cars will be released, hell will break loose, I can't wait :devilish:

The GT Force Pro is a deadily good wheel, but a bit too expensive.

Really really looking forward to the full version now.

gtforcepro.jpg

Mask i just wonder if there something that is a "clear update" from GT3 in the gfx departement or physics?

......And one more thing, is there any Volvo cars... :oops:

overclocked said:
Mask i just wonder if there something that is a "clear update" from GT3 in the gfx departement or physics?

......And one more thing, is there any Volvo cars... :oops:

In terms of graphics, there are still some glitches to be fixed, e.g. weird reflections on car and polygon pop-in and out.

IMHO, the game is definitely better than any previous GTs in terms of graphics, the dynamic range of the lighting is much higher and everything is more detailed and sharper. The textures are still sharp even zoomed in during replay.

There are 3 GT3 PNGs in that directory with lots of shots, and 2 PNGs for GT4 Prologue.

I haven't played GT3 again extensively to find out the difference in physics but all the experienced GT guys said this new GT4 Prologue has excellent and accurate handling and physics (for the cars).

Not sure if there is a Volvo card in the prologue, may be later or you can check the 51 cars that I got. There are still 11 cars left to go.

Partnering the game with the GT Force Pro will provide a real-life like experience as the Pro is vastly better than the old GT Force.

Apart from the 900 degree lock to lock turning, the feedback motor is very strong now, and the optical sensor is 14bit (comparing to 10bit in GT Force), the most important new experience is the response with the cars.

Like when I am driving the McLaren F1, the faster the car, the tighter the wheel and I need more strength to turn the wheel. And the grip is much improved over the old one.

The game + The Pro Wheel is the dead on combination for racing sim lovers.

The new and the old
gt-ffwheels-01.jpg

gt-ffwheels-02.jpg

gt-ffwheels-03.jpg

gt-ffwheels-04.jpg

gt-ffwheels-05.jpg

gt-ffwheels-06.jpg

edit: corrected the number of bits for the old GT Force

bbot said:
maskrider,

Does GT4:p, in your opinion, massacre PGR2 in the gfx department?

They looked different, GT4:p simply looks real, PGR2 has more gimmicks that Graphics whores like.

But in terms of gameplay, GT4:p wins hands down, especially with the GT Force Pro wheel.

maskrider said:
bbot said:
maskrider,

Does GT4:p, in your opinion, massacre PGR2 in the gfx department?

They looked different, GT4:p simply looks real, PGR2 has more gimmicks that Graphics whores like.

But in terms of gameplay, GT4:p wins hands down, especially with the GT Force Pro wheel.

Great to hear! Thank you very much for all media and info :D

Which player do I need for theses movies (maskrider's)?

Mediaplayer 9, Quicktime and DivX wont play them on my PC at least!

bukima said:
Which player do I need for theses movies (maskrider's)?

Mediaplayer 9, Quicktime and DivX wont play them on my PC at least!

For MPG files, they are MPEG-2 format, which needs a MPEG-2 compliant player like WinDVD or PowerDVD to play.

All others are Windows Media 9.

A sample of the car award video

http://htfriends.net/movies/gt4p-school-award-tsukuba.wmv

Checking the source of the prize video reveals the reason why the people is blocky in the video, the reason is because the video is in low resolution.

The car award prize video use a streaming video source, a mask and a circular (wrapped) map thing to create the effect integration with the car.

Here is a snap from the prize video source

gt4p-prize-video.jpg

I can understand the use of the black and white as a mask, what is the use of that circular map ?

maskrider said:
I can understand the use of the black and white as a mask, what is the use of that circular map ?
Looks like an enviroment map, so you can see the reflection of the enviroment on the car.

Back