GRAW offline demo on Marketplace

Jabjabs said:
773MB, it's a bit heavy but I've got it downloading now. Will be done in the morning.

Damn you must got on a slow server(whats your connection speed?), it downloaded in 20 minutes for me.

I've been getting disconnected a few times for everything I try to download of Live lately. Just disconnected from the download that is, my connect to Live itself stays solid. Anyone else having such trouble?

kyleb said:
I've been getting disconnected a few times for everything I try to download of Live lately. Just disconnected from the download that is, my connect to Live itself stays solid. Anyone else having such trouble?

I haven't had that happen, but it has gotten terribly slow before. I tried dl the Tomb Raider demo right when it was released. It was so slow that I gave up on it, and dl it the next day.

The GRAW demo dl really fast for me, but I think thats because it was released in the middle of the night, and I just happened to notice it at the right time.

Mefisutoferesu said:
You have a 650KB/s connection? What service do you use and how much does it cost?

Regular ADSL right now. Its a 8Mbit service( I usually get ~780Kb), pretty expensive i pay converted to Euro around 34Euros a month.

kyleb said:

Try selecting the download from the remote control and not the game controller (leave it off)

I used to get disconnected all the time when the controller would go to sleep but with the remote it completes every time for me now.

I played the onlinedemo and thought it was mediocre but this looked and played good.
The framerate was also ok. One thing i noticed instantly was the lack of filtering, i dont know if this is a demo issue or so(?) otherwise i enjoyed it both visually and gameplaywise.

overclocked said:
Regular ADSL right now. Its a 8Mbit service( I usually get ~780Kb), pretty expensive i pay converted to Euro around 34Euros a month.

You're getting gipp'd out of 2 Mbit. I get that speed and im on a 6Mbit...where'd that other 2 Mbit go?

mistan said:
You're getting gipp'd out of 2 Mbit. I get that speed and im on a 6Mbit...where'd that other 2 Mbit go?

Well when i had 2mbit the line would topp at around 218-25 so i first thought i could get somewhere around 900 but i dont know, could be that the basestation is just a little to far from me.
Its always up to that speed also so i think it could be different vendors counting differently just like when you buy a HDD.

Tap In said:
Try selecting the download from the remote control and not the game controller (leave it off)

I used to get disconnected all the time when the controller would go to sleep but with the remote it completes every time for me now.
Huh yeah, I have been hitting an analog every so often with the controller to keep it active and that has seem to help. Curious glitch.

Anyway I played though the demo and it's pretty damn impressive. I didn't buy it simply becuase they didn't include southpaw controls and I really am not very good at playing right handed and I played the mutiplayer demo a bit but geting owned by people who get to control the game they way they fell comfortable with isn't my thing. However, after playing the demo I'm definitely going to have to pick up the PC version as it seems like and experience I should play though.

kyleb said:
Huh yeah, I have been hitting an analog every so often with the controller to keep it active and that has seem to help. Curious glitch.

Anyway I played though the demo and it's pretty damn impressive. I didn't buy it simply becuase they didn't include southpaw controls and I really am not very good at playing right handed and I played the mutiplayer demo a bit but geting owned by people who get to control the game they way they fell comfortable with isn't my thing. However, after playing the demo I'm definitely going to have to pick up the PC version as it seems like and experience I should play though.

Did you also notice the lack of texture-filtering(?), played it at 720P and then reg 640SD.

Sure, the graphics do have some flaws, but as for the gameplay I'm interested and with the PC version I'm sure I'll be able to turn on plenty of AF and force vsync to boot.

I just wanted to be sure it wasnt a demothing. I guess it depends also but im rather sensitive to just these kind of things. On PC you have the luxuary to turn on AF, depending if the computer handles it well of course!

Damn you must got on a slow server(whats your connection speed?), it downloaded in 20 minutes for me.

I am running on a 256Kbit down 64Kbit upload ADSL, the average connection in australia is well behind the rest of the western world.

Jabjabs said:
I am running on a 256Kbit down 64Kbit upload ADSL, the average connection in australia is well behind the rest of the western world.

Ok, my very first impression was that when i downloaded the first couple of demos it was so slow that i shit in it! I think i was at 65% at kameo when i woke upp on the morning, and it have been on for about 6-7 hours, got better latter.
Btw It(360) was recently launched over in Australia/NZ if i remember right(?), how about PS3, is it coming in Novemeber or should you have to wait also for that one?

Back