GRAW 2 (Xbox 360) - New Pics and Video

Hardknock

Veteran
http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/12404/Ghost-...ter-2-Unveiled/

1165529663.jpg

1165529665.jpg

1165529664.jpg

yes i'm badly gassing...
Edit Sadly the trailers is all about cg...

Last edited by a moderator:
Today Ubisoft, one of the world’s largest video game publishers, announced that Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter™ 2, the next installment in the popular squad-based action franchise, is currently in development for the Xbox 360™ video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, the PSP® system and Windows® PC. Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter™ 2 is being developed by the award-winning teams that created the original Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter™ in Ubisoft’s Paris and Red Storm Studios. Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter™ 2 is scheduled for worldwide release in Spring 2007.
Am I reading that right? Even the psp is getting some love this go around.

*****regenerating the images in my mind to take away PR-bullcrap*****
***complete****

Looks just like GR:AW 1

I don't think these are bullshots, just 1080P renders. If you look at the high-res source, it has jaggies and rendering errors. That aside, it looks wonderful. Somewhat better than GRAW which already looked fantastic.

edit: Thats only the last pic. The others are definetely worked over by the marketing department. I doubt the first one is even a ss.

The third is in game and believable. looks better than the gameinformer article although the pictures are exactly the same.

I don't think these are bullshots, just 1080P renders. If you look at the high-res source, it has jaggies and rendering errors. That aside, it looks wonderful. Somewhat better than GRAW which already looked fantastic.

edit: Thats only the last pic. The others are definetely worked over by the marketing department. I doubt the first one is even a ss.

The last pic looks exactly like GR:AW 1.

The others, are PR bullshots.

Hey! Just going by what I read:

Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 builds off of the events in the first game and places gamers in control of the U.S. military’s elite fighting unit, the Ghosts. In the year 2014, the rising conflict between Mexican loyalists and insurgent rebel forces has thrown Mexico into full-scale civil war.

What's your excuse? :yes:

lol, ok you got me!

On these pics...I'm kinda 'meh' on em, I mean GRAW2? Who wants to play GRAW2 anyways? Splinter Cell 5, Brothers in Arms and Assassin's Creed please!!

GFX look a little better, lighting looks improved but nothing major.

I remember saying the same thing about Call of Duty 3! Maybe the framerate will improve. :)

Some of the improvements
- improved enemy AI
- enhanced physics and particle systems
- destructive environments
- smoke with realistic behaviour
- constantly changing weather system create mood and atmosphere
- Dynamic lighting with full Day-Night Cycles

• entirely new battlegrounds including mountain terrains, barren deserts and heavy fighting in El Paso, Texas.

Two 720p screenshots

I mean GRAW2? Who wants to play GRAW2 anyways? Splinter Cell 5, Brothers in Arms and Assassin's Creed please!!

GFX look a little better, lighting looks improved but nothing major.

I would rather play GRAW2 over all those games. To be fair I can't say much about Assasin's as I don't know much about the gameplay but GRAW is still my 2nd favorite 360 game.

Am I the only one who's getting a bit sick of these half-assed "sequels"? Why not do an expansion and then produce a really worthy sequel after 2 or 2.5 years, with some real innovations. Instead we get slightly updated graphics, an almost identical setting and only marginally changed gameplay mechanics for full price.

Yearly full price updates for the sports franchises are bad enough, now with shooters it really gets ridiculous. UT tried and fell flat on its face. If they want to get a more regular cash-flow, then go the episodic route, or release cheap mini-addons on a regular basis like Oblivion. CoD3 already suffers greatly from the "been there, done that, I don't care anymore no matter how great it looks and plays", I guess GRAW is next...

If they put in a half decent multi-player this time round i could be interested... The single player game was pretty good (with the exception of the "homing beacon on your head" AI) but then you went to multiplayer and not only was the graphical downgrade immense, but the game play had been totally gimped down.

Back