Gran Turismo 7 [PS4, PS5]

• Thread starter Deleted member 7537
  • Start date
Visually it looks like GTS with enhanced settings.
Gone are the days when each GT looked like a visual breakthrough

my type of game lol.
I just want something more along the lines of this for campaign for a car game.

Last edited:
Going by the menu alone this will be a purchase from me. Used cars and tubing parts shop. Finally a proper Gran Turismo. Graphics do look like enhanced version GT Sport. Meh. I'm not complaining.

Great bump in track detail. Ray tracing at 60fps is costly though even on high end PCs. So it's Nice to see it can still be done on PS5 with still an increase in graphics and res compared to this gen. And Nice volumetric clouds too !

Great bump in track detail. Ray tracing at 60fps is costly though even on high end PCs. So it's Nice to see it can still be done on PS5 with still an increase in graphics and res compared to this gen. And Nice volumetric clouds too !
There was Ray Tracing during gameplay?

I'm confused, what more do you want? The cars are getting very close to being photo realistic. Which means there can't be a massive jump in visuals.

Is that aimed at me? If so, I'm long last past driving around a circuit playing nice. I remember loving that back in the original Gran Turismo and GT2, often doing 20 hour realtime races and driving near-perfect so as to minimise tyre wear and therefore pit stops. But I like my driving a little more visceral. Dirt looks my thing I was curious whether GT7 would offer a wider range of driving including more 'rough and tumble'. I'm disappointed, but not wholly surprised, that it does not.

There is only so much more you can do when the cars in GTS already look photorealistic. There are a few things that stood out in GTS, and reflections was one of them. This seems to be fixed thanks to RT. Next is the boring AF tracks, and this doesn't seem to have changed much, which is sad.

I'm confused, what more do you want? The cars are getting very close to being photo realistic. Which means there can't be a massive jump in visuals.

Lighting is way superior to what's in GT Sport.
Doesnt look way superior to me. It looks like a cleaner GT Sport.
There are things they could have shown to make it look spicier.....more weather effects?
Some damage?
Leaves flowing on the track? Some dust making the cars dirtier?
Something

There is only so much more you can do when the cars in GTS already look photorealistic. There are a few things that stood out in GTS, and reflections was one of them. This seems to be fixed thanks to RT. Next is the boring AF tracks, and this doesn't seem to have changed much, which is sad.
When you look at everything Microsoft has done over the years to widen the appeal of Forza, I look at GT which seems to progress at a glacial pace and Polyphony never seem to want to take any greta risks or do anything radical. DriveClub didn't appeal for the same reason.

I grew out of GT's appeal but GT failed to grow with me. But that's cool, there are less racing games around than there were a few console generations back when they were a staple genre (like fighting games) but lacking a true Motorstorm sequel, Dirt will fill my vehicular racing/crashing needs.

Sorry O/T, don't mean to pollute the thread. I always keep an eye on GT, I'll check out GT8 on PS6.

Back