Gran Turismo 7 [PS4, PS5]

• Thread starter Deleted member 7537
  • Start date
dynamic weather on selected tracks tough sounds quite advanced:
But the weather simulation is actually a weather simulation, not just a weather change. So it does have an effect on the physics of the game. I think that will be very interesting. And also you can set multiples of the time that it takes from real time to 100 times accelerated, so you don't necessarily need to have a full on endurance race in order for the player to experience those weather changes and how it affects their cars in the track.
We don't have a system for simulating the amount of rubber that's laid on the track, but we do have a simulation of where the rain would create a level of water over the track. When a car passes over it, it will spray aside, and so the racing lines will dry quicker than the other parts of the track. That's something that is simulated and does affect the grip of the course accordingly as time goes on, and the track begins to dry in different places. The air temperature, the humidity, and then the road surface temperature will also be affected by these weather changes as well.
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021-09-16-the-big-gran-turismo-7-interview

https://game.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/interview/1351594.html
rt only on replays, stage demo and garage

I have to say this really drives home the differences between Sony and Microsoft and how they communicate with us. MS was up front about cross gen games and were up front about Ray tracing in Forza while Sony well you can see the results here.

I knew something wasn't right when they claimed they only just recently decided to back port to the ps4.

if they are really aiming for native 4K at perfect 60fps like they said, no way you can add up RT during gameplay.
And i don't think they care much about multiple graphics modes like in R&C for example.
Yamauchi has always been interested in how the cars feel while "driving" them, and their representation in replay or photo mode.
Everything else has been secondary, even sounds, which only got at last upgraded in GTS.
We are still missing dynamic ToD/weather, damage.

Thats bad, drop the 4k requirement, go 1080p. Quality of quantity, the problem is marketing doesnt like it
nah, 100% prefer 4k over blurry image with rt 1080p cb which is hard to notice during gameplay or for sure have problem distinguish from reflections made using different techniqs (its racing game, we don't move camera)

I’m pretty sure GT7 will have graphics modes if it at all makes sense, maybe even 120fps.

One of the things I loved most about previous GTs was driving on the Nordschleife with varying weather conditions so that is definitely something to look forward to for me.

nah, 100% prefer 4k over blurry image with rt 1080p cb which is hard to notice during gameplay or for sure have problem distinguish from reflections made using different techniqs (its racing game, we don't move camera)
mates its always about the quality of the pixels. you can see it yourself

A/ take a game from 20 years ago, play it at 4k or 8k or a million k
B/ take a game from today play it at 1/10 the resolution

what looks better?

reddead.jpg

Totally agree here. While trying to win a race on anything but the first few easy tournaments, the last thing you’ll notice or want to analyse is whether a reflection is RT or not. Replays? That makes sense. And this is one case where I feel that higher resolution will actually help while playing, as it cleans up and better defines things that are farther away, giving you more time to prepare. There! I said what I said!

mates its always about the quality of the pixels. you can see it yourself

A/ take a game from 20 years ago, play it at 4k or 8k or a million k
B/ take a game from today play it at 1/10 the resolution

what looks better?

reddead.jpg
nah, I can notice with ease low resolution playing 1.2m from my 55 lg cx vs 4k but for sure will have problem to see difference some 1080p cb rt reflections vs combination of cubemap + ssr in racing game that I can't move camera

Totally agree here. While trying to win a race on anything but the first few easy tournaments, the last thing you’ll notice or want to analyse is whether a reflection is RT or not. Replays? That makes sense. And this is one case where I feel that higher resolution will actually help while playing, as it cleans up and better defines things that are farther away, giving you more time to prepare. There! I said what I said!
Thats something else you're talking about best GFX to aid your performance in the game.
You could argue they should increase the contrast in the game so even though its less realistic it also makes things further away easier to see, or any of 100 other things to make the game easier to play, eg HUD icon saying theres a car coming up in 5 seconds or the roads tuning right.
Ppl have been doing stuff like this for decades, altering the graphics so its not as intended to gain an advantage, eg does lens flare or bloom FX or DOF or whatever give an advantage, no they usually make the game harder to play but just visually pleasing.
like what ppl were doing with battlefield V before it got banned, where you stick everything down to the lowest quality possible so enemies are easier to see.
battlefield-5_6056190-rcm1024x0u.jpg

Im talking about purely from a visual quality perspective, btw Im not a fan of raytraced reflections (OK shiny cars maybe is one of the places where it makes an appreciable differnce) I prefer raytracing for the lighting.
I think lowering the resolution and concentrating on higher quality pixels instead of lower quality but more pixels gives a better result.

I think lowering the resolution and concentrating on higher quality pixels instead of lower quality but more pixels gives a better result.
generally yes, would prefer dynamic resolution in gt7 but better quality environments (especially trees, bushes), higher texture quality, larger draw distance etc. but here we have very specific case 4k without 1080p cb rt reflections or as you preferred 1080p with this reflections, I would always chose 4k (even over 1440p + this kind of reflections) in racing game

Im talking about purely from a visual quality perspective, btw Im not a fan of raytraced reflections (OK shiny cars maybe is one of the places where it makes an appreciable differnce) I prefer raytracing for the lighting.

I agree 99% of the time! On all other games I can think of, I'd prefer that option. Hello, I'm one of the anti-native-4K guys on here :)
However my humble opinion is that in a game such as GT, in this type of instance I know that due to the speed of the game I would not be able to see - or care about - RT reflections, and therefore I'd rather take a sharper look.

Yeah and I am happy they went this way. Same as forza to enable RT where it makes sense. I can enjoy beautiful replay or car showrooms with nice reflections but during the gameplay I want good performance nice res longer draw distance and so on. I hope this trend will extend to other games as well and we will see RT only during cutscenes etc. graphics dosent have to be 100% real world accurate to be beautiful.

Reactions: snc
Yeah and I am happy they went this way. Same as forza to enable RT where it makes sense. I can enjoy beautiful replay or car showrooms with nice reflections but during the gameplay I want good performance nice res longer draw distance and so on. I hope this trend will extend to other games as well and we will see RT only during cutscenes etc. graphics dosent have to be 100% real world accurate to be beautiful.
Perhaps they may add a graphics mode - having the option is always good. I just know what I would prefer personally. Call Insomniac, PD!

Back