Gran Turismo 7 [PS4, PS5]

• Thread starter Deleted member 7537
  • Start date
Direct Drive wheel on the way for GT Fans:

fanatec-gtddpro-002-20210712.jpg

fanatec blog hint that they will sell this new wheel for gran turismo with bundle "Direct Drive + Load Cell + Below 700"

I'm not surprised at this, but it seems other were?

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/202...s5_ps4_campaign_requires_an_online_connection

Gran Turismo 7's PS5, PS4 Campaign Requires an Online Connection

Gran Turismo 7’s refreshed single player campaign aims to capture the spirit of old games – in all but one area. As noted in small print on the PlayStation Blog, you’ll need an “Internet connection” in order to enjoy the solo experience, as well as its car collecting GT Café mode and Livery Editor. Presumably this game is going to be quite light if you don’t have your console online.

It’s not massively surprising, of course, because GT Sport was the same – however, that was very much billed as an online game from the outset. Some fans will be wondering why they can’t enjoy the single player campaign without an Internet connection – especially if it operates independently from the multiplayer modes.

generaly rather disappointed with presentation (its basicaly gt sport with 4k + dynamic weather apparently + proper campaign) but some photos of track in wet condition looks amazing
51440662751_25c616424d_h.jpg

51441407569_e18b24def1_h.jpg

I'm not surprised at this, but it seems other were?

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/202...s5_ps4_campaign_requires_an_online_connection

Gran Turismo 7's PS5, PS4 Campaign Requires an Online Connection

Gran Turismo 7’s refreshed single player campaign aims to capture the spirit of old games – in all but one area. As noted in small print on the PlayStation Blog, you’ll need an “Internet connection” in order to enjoy the solo experience, as well as its car collecting GT Café mode and Livery Editor. Presumably this game is going to be quite light if you don’t have your console online.

It’s not massively surprising, of course, because GT Sport was the same – however, that was very much billed as an online game from the outset. Some fans will be wondering why they can’t enjoy the single player campaign without an Internet connection – especially if it operates independently from the multiplayer modes.
They need clicks. Nobody will get suprised by this. By the way even if you play off Internet and if it's like GTS you'll still be able to play the campaign and earn XP and such as everything is saved locally until the next Internet connection where it gets automatically saved to the cloud. It's actually very well done and reliable even with unstable Internet connection like mine.

generaly rather disappointed with presentation (its basicaly gt sport with 4k + dynamic weather apparently + proper campaign) but some photos of track in wet condition looks amazing

Yeah the best looking thing about GT7 is the rain and wet streets. Looks really improved over GTSport. Other than that the track assets are straight out of GTS. But I'm pretty happy and surprised they brought back dynamic time of day transitions and dynamic weather given it has to run on ps4 too, plus the clouds aren't skybox images but actually 3D procedurally generated and does a really good job replicating various cloud types and patterns.

"Variable Time/Weather Simulation
In GT7, a more natural and realistic variable time system and weather effect system have been recreated. Referencing a massive amount of meteorological observation data, including those from the academic databases of NASA, GT7 recreates spatial/time of day conditions for particle size distribution and concentration distribution of aerosol particles in the atmosphere on a global environmental scale. As a result, this feature unique to the Gran Turismo series can express real and complex sky patterns and changes in light for different times of day and weather conditions."​

i1M2uFi3BvufD8c.jpg

i1CT2X5dWoPlscE.jpg

i1jyus4g1cMx38c.jpg

oNNcVWF.gif

Yeah the best looking thing about GT7 is the rain and wet streets. Looks really improved over GTSport. Other than that the track assets are straight out of GTS. But I'm pretty happy and surprised they brought back dynamic time of day transitions and dynamic weather given it has to run on ps4 too, plus the clouds aren't skybox images but actually 3D procedurally generated and does a really good job replicating various cloud types and patterns.

"Variable Time/Weather Simulation
In GT7, a more natural and realistic variable time system and weather effect system have been recreated. Referencing a massive amount of meteorological observation data, including those from the academic databases of NASA, GT7 recreates spatial/time of day conditions for particle size distribution and concentration distribution of aerosol particles in the atmosphere on a global environmental scale. As a result, this feature unique to the Gran Turismo series can express real and complex sky patterns and changes in light for different times of day and weather conditions."​

i1M2uFi3BvufD8c.jpg

i1CT2X5dWoPlscE.jpg

i1jyus4g1cMx38c.jpg

oNNcVWF.gif
yeah but they mixing dynamic/variable wording that Im still not 100% certain its not more advanced weather presets ;d

yeah but they mixing dynamic/variable wording that Im still not 100% certain its not more advanced weather presets ;d

Yeah can't be too certain with anything regarding Polyphony lol. The beginning of the trailer showed a close up of a tree looking up as the clouds dispersed, time transitions as stars fade and morning arrives similar to a GT6 trailer. Hope this is a tease of dynamics. Need to see a timelapse of cars moving around the track to really get more confident it's back.

Tbh I don't know how they can improve much given they're searching realism, and they are pretty close already (and it's cross gen).

Last edited:
PD release unfinished games since GT5, we know they improve things a lot in the years after release, we'll see how GT7 ends up looking in a few years.

https://www.gtplanet.net/new-gran-t...more-revealed-in-kazunori-yamauchi-interview/
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021-09-16-the-big-gran-turismo-7-interview

Raytraycing seems to be Replay only.
"I'm looking forward to implementing ray tracing, but on the other hand, what game fans are interested in is where ray tracing can be used because it is very heavy processing.

Mr. Yamauchi: For the time being, you can choose ray tracing in the replay even during the game, and then you can see the stage demo and the picture with ray tracing applied in the garage."

Last edited:
Back