Gran Turismo 7 [PS4, PS5]

• Thread starter Deleted member 7537
  • Start date
??? Not sure what you're trying to say here.

GT Sport was initially announced to be fully playable with VR. The whole game. This was after the game was shown off with kinda lackluster visuals.

Then the game came back later and they reversed course and said the game wouldn't be fully playable in VR anymore and the game also looked a fair bit better. I'm saying this wasn't a coincidence.

Whether you think it was the best looking track racing game on XB1/PS4 is completely irrelevant to everything I just said(not that I'd even agree).
it was comment to "See, GT Sport's initial showings were quite lackluster, technically." which is not true at all
Edit: Ok I wrongly understanded, you mean probably beta which looks little worse or first trailers before release.

Last edited:
a thing i hope GT7 VR does (Driveclub did it) is the replay mode in VR, where you could choose the seat position (driver seat or passenger), it was a very nice feature.

ezgif-2-e885e68bfe.gif

It only feels good to race against for as long as you can game it and keep it behind you. If it's in front of you, you have no chance.

It's not a replacement for a better AI system at all. They need to learn how to incorporate *reasonably* competitive AI that can behave well. No simulator does this perfectly, but many do it miles better than Gran Turismo and this doesn't solve that problem by a long shot.

It only feels good to race against for as long as you can game it and keep it behind you. If it's in front of you, you have no chance.

It's not a replacement for a better AI system at all. They need to learn how to incorporate *reasonably* competitive AI that can behave well. No simulator does this perfectly, but many do it miles better than Gran Turismo and this doesn't solve that problem by a long shot.

There is multiple level of difficulty, some GT Sophy AI run slower than other and it is possible to beat them. But they all behave well.

So first time playing GT7 today and it was a tedious introduction to the game with almost fifteen minutes of unstoppable credits and movies before you get to the menus, then the most pretentious menu system I may possibly have ever seen. WTF happened to this game?

Thankfully, the VR is fantastic but everything else gets in the way and is just awful. It reminded me of trying to get into Forza Horizon 5 which also has shite UI that also gets in the way of driving. What is going on with driving games these days. :no:

Last edited by a moderator:
So first time playing GT7 today and was a tedious introduction, almost fifteen minutes of unstoppable credits and movies before you get to the menus, then the most pretentious menu system I may possible have ever seen. WTF happened to this game?

Thankfully, the VR is fantastic but everything that gets in the way is just awful. It reminded me of trying to get into Forza Horizon 5 which also has shite UI that also gets in the way of driving. What is going on with driving games these days. :no:
Should advice you to play little flat ;d its only beginning, you will discover tracks and cars quite fast.

Should advice you to play little flat ;d its only beginning, you will discover tracks and cars quite fast.
I am never driving in 2D again! :yes: Even in my crappy car, it was glorious!!!

Reactions: snc
You usually drive in 2D? How does that work when you drive to work? :)
I live in London. I walk to work! Seriously though, I really am not a fan of those whole nonsense about cafe's being hubs in GT7. I mean the first cafe is in the middle of a forest.

It is fortunate that the VR driving is as outstanding as the badness of the conceptual menus!

There is multiple level of difficulty, some GT Sophy AI run slower than other and it is possible to beat them. But they all behave well.
I seriously dont trust your opinion on anything Sony-related whatsoever, sorry.

As far as I can tell, the Sophy AI is only 'slower' through using de-spec'd machinery. And the behavior, while perhaps better than the completely braindead original GT AI, still isn't nearly good enough.

The VR support is the real big deal to me.

Back