Gran Turismo 7 [PS4, PS5]

• Thread starter Deleted member 7537
  • Start date
is there some kind of light bounce in GT7 ?
when the camera position hits a care, it makes it desappear, that's what happens here with the car behind the camera view

The way the lighting on the wheel and tire slowly fades out here reminds me of lumen
but could just be the reflection.

Last edited:
Reactions: snc
It looks like its culling the car which is reflected. Is that really another car next to it or is it duplicating itself and reflecting it back? It looks like the same Honda model that is on the screen
games like driveclub or need for speed payback used SSR during gameplay, which looked nicer than cubemaps, but were 30fps.
Are there console racing games using SSR during gameplay at 60fps ?
Have no idea. They need to find a way to improve those reflections though. They stand out too much sometimes compared to the rest of the cars which are outstandingly detailed with highly realistic materials.
The reflection draw distance is short besides the not so high res cube maps.

FlrB5W5acAMCFie

"body vibrating sound"

so.... ford v ferrari? baby driver?
could be a fun movie then

btw why its exlusively in theaters rather than in theaters and PS5+PSVR2 with haptics?

you literally can feel the engine, the road texture, etc with the haptics on dualsense (and probaby PSVR2)

---

oh, and please also add "body vibrating sound" to GT7 the game. Its very lacking, at least when compared to driveclub, forza horizon, etc.

Hm ? Defenitly better than in both of this titles, only acc is better in sound department
on driveclub and FH i can feel the engine roar and road texture via subsonic vibrations. but on GT7 its lacking.

on the flip side, GT7 got much better steering wheel feel than all steering wheel games i ever tried. it even better than ACC.

on driveclub and FH i can feel the engine roar and road texture via subsonic vibrations. but on GT7 its lacking.

on the flip side, GT7 got much better steering wheel feel than all steering wheel games i ever tried. it even better than ACC.
Subsonic vib or just vibration?:d maybe they will implement headset vib for psvr2 :d

Subsonic vib or just vibration?:d maybe they will implement headset vib for psvr2 :d
Subsonic vib. The ones that came from sub woofer.

But yeah, if they added car vibrations into the haptics then that would be amazing.

I play gt7 on PS4 pro so I don't know whether it already have haptics or not. It translates road texture really well to steering wheel tho.

smoke has been nicely enhanced from GT Sport

Attachments

• Gran Turismo™ 7_20230107143745.jpg
    Gran Turismo™ 7_20230107143745.jpg
    683.9 KB · Views: 20
  • Gran Turismo™ 7_20230107144042.jpg
    Gran Turismo™ 7_20230107144042.jpg
    720.6 KB · Views: 24
This is a very weird "movie". It is more like a dramatized documentary of the game itself and those who built a real career out of it.
Am I interested in their story enough to want to watch the movie? Not sure. I lean towards no.
So it is about them racing and then us enjoying a real life "replay" of the races in the style of the game during the action scenes? Seems like it. Am I interested? Not sure.
I mean I am more interested in actually enjoying my own races, my own replays or watching real competitive esport.

Not sure how this can sell itself. If it had an amazing story with original characters and the difficulties of a racing driver trying to retain or build his career in the racetrack regardless of the existence of the game, taking notes from something like The Wrestler, I would have been more interested.
But now what I see is the story of real life gamers turned race drivers with some pepper to spice it into a movie and I am not sure I am attracted to it.

just playing with photo mode and looking at RT details
notice the difference in the side mirror reflection, when your car is the main car of the replay, or when you switch to another car, and then the light bleeding from the driver, when lit by the sun, into the interior of the car.

Attachments

• Gran Turismo™ 7_20230108175941.jpg
    Gran Turismo™ 7_20230108175941.jpg
    446.3 KB · Views: 20
  • Gran Turismo™ 7_20230108180105.jpg
    Gran Turismo™ 7_20230108180105.jpg
    422 KB · Views: 20
  • Gran Turismo™ 7_20230108180748.jpg
    Gran Turismo™ 7_20230108180748.jpg
    400.4 KB · Views: 19
just playing with photo mode and looking at RT details
notice the difference in the side mirror reflection, when your car is the main car of the replay, or when you switch to another car, and then the light bleeding from the driver, when lit by the sun, into the interior of the car.
Is this from the reflection in the side mirrors?

Back