Gran Turismo 7 [PS4, PS5]

• Thread starter Deleted member 7537
  • Start date
We've seen the grass in stills elsewhere. It doesn't look good and heavily lacks shadowing.

I've got no stake in this fight, but I think Forza Motorsport is gonna blow this out the water later this year. GT7 still looks a whole lot to me like a modestly updated GT Sport, which I'm sure is exactly what it is.

There's actually new grass assets on this Daytona track that look great. Looks a lot better than the long weird same looking blade of grass that was in GTSport. With short grass like this you're not going to notice self shadowing at these distances and angles anyway, even in real life.

gt7daytona9untitledgr63k2i.png

gt7daytona97untitledgpljcq.png

gt7daytona94untitledgk5km6.png

for comparison

nurburgringgrassgrant5rjup.png

You dont see anything terrible? The environment looks super flat and dated in general. The cars in GT always look great, that part's never in question. But I really dont know how you can look at that screen and say you dont see anything wrong with it.

No, a blurry view of barren Turn 5 on Daytona doesn't show me much. I could find much worse looking stuff in Driveclub, Forza 7, or pcars2. For that image I see more issue with there not having something like fully realistic and ray-traced ambient occlusion rather than an issue with the actual track model detail. It's a weird pic to judge the whole track though when there was a full gameplay segment that looks pretty spot on to the real Daytona.

gt7daytonacompare93unqnkmv.png

gt7daytonacompare93unc5kug.png

gt7daytonacompare3untj5ket.png

gt7daytonacompare3untyokxs.png

gt7daytonacompare9unta3jrf.png

gt7daytonacompare9untgcjcp.png

gt7daytonacompare998usxjvv.png

gt7daytonacompare998ux0kt0.png

Playground games on linked has 325 employees and they don't have to create engine as this is turn10 works and they hire another 173 (linkedin).

Keep in mind that not all of those are working on Forza Horizon. There's a significantly number of employees working on the next Fable game. While there is some overlap, many are working on one or the other and not both.

Regards,
SB

aye? Are those pictures with google on them actual photos, Looks pretty crap in real life :runaway:

It's definitely not a great looking track, but Google's low resolution camera's certainly don't help. :)

CyMff1rUcAAJcpR.jpg

The inner grass parts are occasionally replaced in places with dirt tracks for Motocross as well as Kart racing.

Regards,
SB

There's actually new grass assets on this Daytona track that look great. Looks a lot better than the long weird same looking blade of grass that was in GTSport. With short grass like this you're not going to notice self shadowing at these distances and angles anyway, even in real life.

gt7daytona9untitledgr63k2i.png

gt7daytona97untitledgpljcq.png

gt7daytona94untitledgk5km6.png

for comparison

nurburgringgrassgrant5rjup.png

No, a blurry view of barren Turn 5 on Daytona doesn't show me much. I could find much worse looking stuff in Driveclub, Forza 7, or pcars2. For that image I see more issue with there not having something like fully realistic and ray-traced ambient occlusion rather than an issue with the actual track model detail. It's a weird pic to judge the whole track though when there was a full gameplay segment that looks pretty spot on to the real Daytona.

gt7daytonacompare93unqnkmv.png

gt7daytonacompare93unc5kug.png

gt7daytonacompare3untj5ket.png

gt7daytonacompare3untyokxs.png

gt7daytonacompare9unta3jrf.png

gt7daytonacompare9untgcjcp.png

gt7daytonacompare998usxjvv.png

gt7daytonacompare998ux0kt0.png
Realy nice photos comparison

Playground partnered up with Sumo Digital, who's a really large company, to co-develop Forza Horizon 5. Having that type of manpower was definitely an advantage in making multiple LODs of assets that span cross-generations. Sumo Digital was also the one who made the Forza Horizon 2 x360 version while Playground was making a separate FH2 XBOne version.

Polyphony really should start getting some outsource help making their fictional tracks at least, considering the sheer volume of different tracks they have in their database; a lot of good fictional tracks are still missing, and some tracks made with their procedural course maker such as Alsace don't look good at all.

And once they can let go of PS4 as a platform, you have to wonder if the SSD shouldn’t allow for a huge increase in trackside detail. They will have to use more photogrammetry and other types of techniques I assume from that point on or it will simply be too much work?

Playground partnered up with Sumo Digital, who's a really large company, to co-develop Forza Horizon 5. Having that type of manpower was definitely an advantage in making multiple LODs of assets that span cross-generations. Sumo Digital was also the one who made the Forza Horizon 2 x360 version while Playground was making a separate FH2 XBOne version.

Polyphony really should start getting some outsource help making their fictional tracks at least, considering the sheer volume of different tracks they have in their database; a lot of good fictional tracks are still missing, and some tracks made with their procedural course maker such as Alsace don't look good at all.
Is this stated somewhere? I know the FH4 Steam version was handled by Sumo Digital, but as far as I've been able to tell the PC version of FH5 was done in house.

Is this stated somewhere? I know the FH4 Steam version was handled by Sumo Digital, but as far as I've been able to tell the PC version of FH5 was done in house.

Sumo was listed as co-developed with Playground on the general game, not necessarily specific platform ports.

https://www.sumo-digital.com/news/sumo-digital-studios-announce-support-development-forza-horizon-5

Here you can see they listed steam version of FH4, but no specific platform mentioned for their development in FH5.

https://nottingham.sumo-digital.com/

These games are getting abit large seeing how much storage you get internally. Its less of a problem when external approved/compatible nvme prices go down.

I was hoping for sizes to go down considering they wont need dublicated data for seeking times. It makes me wo der how big the PS4 versions will be

I was hoping for sizes to go down considering they wont need dublicated data for seeking times. It makes me wo der how big the PS4 versions will be

I assume forbidden west and GT7 arent compressed on PS5? Imagine their original sizes IF they are compressed.

These early size estimates are often wrong.
Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves pre-Load is like ~10GB difference.
I think 81gb vs 89gb
But Sony has also mentioned "110GB Install minimum" for GT7 that's why people thought it was going to be even bigger and I think it will be still "heavy" compared to other (PS5) exclusives.

Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves pre-Load is like ~10GB difference.
I think 81gb vs 89gb
But Sony has also mentioned "110GB Install minimum" for GT7 that's why people thought it was going to be even bigger and I think it will be still "heavy" compared to other (PS5) exclusives.

Isn't Legacy of Thieves 67gb

Back