Gran Turismo 7 [PS4, PS5]

• Thread starter Deleted member 7537
  • Start date
That makes more sense, but as they have it written they are saying you can not play the PS4 version on PS5. It's probably an error is translation or not knowing what "only" means. They need to revise the phrase "can only be played on the PS4". Perhaps "can only be played using PS4 settings".
ah yeah gtplanet wrote it strangly

So if you own GT7 (Disc or Digital) for PS4 you can not play that on PS5?
Lastly, for those looking to upgrade their PS4 Standard Edition of Gran Turismo 7 to the Gran Turismo 7 PS5 Digital Standard Edition, there will be a $10 digital upgrade option at the time of release*.
[…]
*To upgrade your Gran Turismo 7 PS4 Standard Edition game on disc to the PS5 Digital Standard Edition, you will need a PS5 console with a disc drive. PS4 game discs can’t be used with the PlayStation®5 Digital Edition.

This is interesting. I guess it’s the best option for gamers and Sony, in that gamers get two copies of the game that should be able to be used simultaneously and Sony maybe limits used game sales to relatively fewer PS5 owners. It’s preferable to a PS4 disc with a code for a PS5 upgrade. Interesting proposition for $90 (same price as the digital version), and I guess if you upgrade that digital PS4 code for an extra $10 you’d end up with both digital versions plus a physical disc.

Edit: Sorry, I missed the last page of replies. :)

Last edited:

Yeah, that was cleared up as GTPlanet's mistake (bad translation or phrasing) with using "can only be played on the PS4" when that is not what PlayStation blog says.

Are you telling us the first thing you do in a game is not move head first into reflective walls and move the camera around like a madmen to try to spot flaws in the rendering system?! What do you play video games for? Fun?
Exactly. I dont get these people. I mean....wtf? Its PS5! Its next gen graphics! It's got RT. First thing you do when you play on PS5 is check those freakin awesome next gen reflections!!!

I just had this sequence of images pop into my head of being easily distracted.

Taking the dog for a walk in the park.
- Dog: Squirrel! Squirrel! Squirrel! Squirrel!

Going with London Geezer on a walk through downtown.
- London Geezer: Me! Me! Me! Me!

Regards,
SB
Stop following me. How do you even know where I live.

Are you telling us the first thing you do in a game is not move head first into reflective walls and move the camera around like a madmen to try to spot flaws in the rendering system?! What do you play video games for? Fun?

Ha! I am not hugely fussed about visuals. When I got my PS5 I bought a bunch of games with it (Miles Morales, AC Valhalla, Sackboy and Dirt) and I remember trying Miles in both 30fps RT mode and 60fps and leaving it on 60fps. Wind forward even months to me actually playing the game properly, it was left on 60fps Performance mode.

I have not played that many games with RT used for reflections so not having it doesn't stick out.

I've checked out some of the screen captures on the playstation store and I wasn't impressed at all. There were noticeable jaggies and and it doesn't look as good as the initial promo video. Maybe it was just a bad capture but why put it up along with a bunch of menu captures that nobody cares about? This would make me hesitant to pre-order. Bad Sony...

PS. On the other hand, the Forbidden West captures looks beautiful.

Back