gr... new mobo no video. Help?

AlNom

Legend
Just got around to building this machine. The only thing different from a regular setup is the Nautilus 500 attached to the CPU. The thing just won't show any video. I've tried two video cards too, and they work in my other computer. Everything is getting power.

This sucks :cry:

Stick an old PCI video card in there, and see if you get video then.

It's possible there's an issue with the PCIE(or AGP, if you're using that)slot.

Ah sorry, I should have mentioned the mobo. :oops:

ECS MVP PA1 (Crossfire)

I haven't had a PCI vid card in years :p

Can you tell if it's actually booting? Sometimes this may not be a problem with the video card, but just the machine. The first thing to do upon first failure to boot is to reseat the video card, CPU, and RAM (obviously the CPU last, as that's the most delicate/hardest). Also try different RAM sticks if you have them, or placing the sticks in one at a time, in different slots.

Since it's a Crossfire motherboard, you may also want to try placing the video card in the other slot.

And why oh why are you buying Intel now?

I don't buy, I write ;)

I get a beep followed by a double beep when I power up.

Upon further testing, the PCI slots work as indicated by no flashing of the LED (one per slot). But, it just won't recognize that the video card or the shunt card is in the PCIE16x slots. I'll try switching them around. I made sure that the video card was right in the slot (first thing I thought of checking :))

hm... RAM... unfortunately, I don't have spares. I am using Kingston DDR2 533 ram. They have BGA modules. Maybe the mobo doesn't like that? I did try one stick at a time, but no luck there.

This is actually the first time I've dealt with an Intel machine upclose... Previous intel boxes that I've used, I either didn't build or they were work computers. I'm curious, how does reseating the CPU help? It's a D820 by the way. I was a little intrigued by how simple CPU installation has gotten though, in particular, the way Intel makes their chips without the pins :!:

Chalnoth FTW! Switching the vid card with the shunt worked! The manual was wrong :p

danke danke!!!

Digi: yup, award bios. I figured that was the vid card error. I've heard it before in a different machine. :) Thanks for the link btw.

Me== happy :D

lol

I can't wait to get this thing ready to go. It'll be a long night/day for typing ;)

guess where I'm typing right now ;) And yeah, I totally understand that feeling. It's like...another baby. haha

Its been setup and XP updates since... an hour ago. I love how I can run programs instantly at start up while the startup programs are being run. I have this hooked up to an Acer 26" LCD/TV. It looks pretty slick with DVI. This is so relaxing just sitting on my bed typing here. haha

The P150 sure does cut down the noise from the Raptor with the rubber bands. It's handly noticeable from where I sit.

Back