GPU Ray Tracing Performance Comparisons [2021-2022]

Ah, then if you have to add money as well that could change the equation depending on how much he's asking for it. You've gotta compare that cash + the resell cost of your 3060Ti vs what you could pick up in the next few months I guess.

I would need to put £150 towards the cost, currently 3060ti's are ~£430 new and sell for around ~£320 used on eBay.

New 6900XT's are currently ~£700+ and sell for ~£650

So I would be getting a 'deal' compared to used prices on eBay but as you say, what will that money get me in a few months time?

The 4060ti is likely going to be RTX3080/3080ti level but pricing is unknown.

You still using a 1070?

For the next few days at least. I'm planning to pick up a 4070Ti if they can be found near retail in the UK.

I had an eye on that myself, the 3060ti was a huge upgrade over my old 1070 so the 4070ti will seem like a monster jump for you.

Although with no FE version planned it may help the prices with all the AIB's fighting each other for sales.

With no FE to anchor the price I'd be skeptical that MSRP actually exists.

At least here in Canada with preorders up all the cards have a premium so far since they are "value added" OC models.

The RTX 4090 FE actually being below MSRP for some reason is actually making the considering blowing everything up (would need a new case) and just getting that.

I would need to put £150 towards the cost, currently 3060ti's are ~£430 new and sell for around ~£320 used on eBay.

New 6900XT's are currently ~£700+ and sell for ~£650

So I would be getting a 'deal' compared to used prices on eBay but as you say, what will that money get me in a few months time?

The 4060ti is likely going to be RTX3080/3080ti level but pricing is unknown.

You still using a 1070?

My guess is given the $800 price on the 4070ti hypothetically the 4070 (rumoured at 46 SMs vs 60) could be $650.

I actually have an unopened 3060ti since about mid November and within the return period (I've had a few over hte last 6 months ), but the lack of VRAM makes it a hard commit (as I want a GPU for rendering/ML as well). While the RTX 3060 being nearly the same price (only 10% less) makes it hard sell just for the VRAM.

But I'm under some time pressure and waiting for the 4070 is risky.

What kind of pressure? S-O goodwill? Better use that up fast, ain't gonna last long!

It's just preferable for me to buy ASAP due to some life circumstances, not really any hard pressure.

But the rumored 4070 at end of Feb at the moment seems a much better fit for what I'm looking for.

Back