GPU prices crashed today?

Didn't watch the video, but they're still well over MSRP on stores online even at their lowest listings.

MSRPs, from a YT comment:

3050 = $249
3060 = $329
3060 Ti = $399
3070 = $499
3070 Ti = $599
3080 = $699
3080 Ti = $1,119
3090 = $1,500
3090 Ti = $1,999

Yep still way above MSRP on my region too.

And my rtx 3070 is in RMA. UGH when will the ex mining rtx 3090 floods the market?

Hopefully a sign of things to come worldwide ...
July 11, 2022
GPU price crash in China, GeForce and Radeon cards now sold for 20% under MSRP, flagship models at -38%
In China, a forefront of miners vs gamers GPU wars, is now reportedly affected by a massive price drop of current-gen GPUs. Retailers are lowering prices while miners are now selling their cards in masses, creating a very competitive GPU market in a process.
In last week alone, the flagship RTX 3090 Ti model has been sold for 9499 RMB (1415 USD), which is 38% under MSRP (14999 RMB). A bit lower, but still significant reduction applies also to RTX 3090, which can now be found for as little as 8498 RMB (1266 USD), almost 29% under MSRP.

The price change does not only impact NVIDIA GPUs, but also AMD. The Radeon RX 6900 XT can now be found for as ‘little’ as 4999 RMB (744 USD), a 37.5% reduction from the introductory price of 7999 RMB.
GPU-PRICES-JULY-22-CHINA.jpg

Imagine Intel trying to launch their GPUs in current market ... instead of being an 'available' alternative you can buy at a sane price with some drawbacks and glitches to game on, they have to win customer while being judged on all aspects of their product (features/power/performace/price/availability).

Not an easy sell at all

I think the next few days/weeks are gonna see GPU prices continue to fall as nVidia tries to clear the 3000 series from the back channels before the 4000 series launch. I'm seeing a lot of reporting of serious overstock issues since the crypto crash and pandemic rush seem to have totally evaporated, and the people with warehouses full of over priced cards are starting to panic.

I'm sort of bummed it's just gonna be >3070 only getting the price cuts, I'm still a budget GPU gamer. :/

I think the next few days/weeks are gonna see GPU prices continue to fall as nVidia tries to clear the 3000 series from the back channels before the 4000 series launch. I'm seeing a lot of reporting of serious overstock issues since the crypto crash and pandemic rush seem to have totally evaporated, and the people with warehouses full of over priced cards are starting to panic.

I'm sort of bummed it's just gonna be >3070 only getting the price cuts, I'm still a budget GPU gamer. :/

New rumors are saying the 4000 series may even get pushed back. But who knows how true that is.

If performance of the 4000 series is good enough I could end up selling my 3080 to get a 4000 series (or my wifes 3070 and put my 3080 in her machine)

If performance of the 4000 series is good enough I could end up selling my 3080 to get a 4000 series (or my wifes 3070 and put my 3080 in her machine)
Dumb question, but what games are you having issues playing on a 3080? Isn't that enough for about anything right now?

(I'm really curious, I'm not trying to be snarky...I just don't play in the high end as much lately.)

Dumb question, but what games are you having issues playing on a 3080? Isn't that enough for about anything right now?

(I'm really curious, I'm not trying to be snarky...I just don't play in the high end as much lately.)
Cyberpunk 2077.

Unless you are lucky to not get hit by the performance drop after playing for 30 minutes or longer.

As even Google studio is hit with the same bug.

Basically there are some kind of memory leak or the game incorrectly allocates Vram quota or there are bad trash collection. But basically out of vram. and it can occur faster the less vram you have. Rtx 3080 only have 8GB vram.

3080 is 10 or 12GB.

I bought a 3080 12 GB for VR. It is a huge boost over the 1080 Ti. I can still overwhelm it with some troublesome indie games though and the high resolution of the Reverb. And I'm sure the simmers know no limits on GPU demands.

I tried a little Cyberpunk out of curiosity to see what maximum glitz looks like and I think the 3080 has it covered at even 4K thanks to DLSS. But meh are my thoughts on that game.

I have no doubt there are AAA console ports that are still troublesome at 4K. And there's that high refresh rate thing too. Which is similar to VR demands actually.

Last edited:
It was rumored that GPU prices would sink all the way untill august 2022. Prices have come down hard already. Global electronic sales have been down this quarter, recordly so (PC sales, consoles, TV's, basically everything). Apple was supposedly the only one having increased sales.

3080 is 10 or 12GB.

I bought a 3080 12 GB for VR. It is a huge boost over the 1080 Ti. I can still overwhelm it with some troublesome indie games though and the high resolution of the Reverb. And I'm sure the simmers know no limits on GPU demands.

I tried a little Cyberpunk out of curiosity to see what maximum glitz looks like and I think the 3080 has it covered at even 4K thanks to DLSS. But meh are my thoughts on that game.

I have no doubt there are AAA console ports that are still troublesome at 4K. And there's that high refresh rate thing too. Which is similar to VR demands actually.

Yeah I misremembered the vram size. Anyway on rtx, the Workaround to clear up memory is by toggling ray tracing.

Non rtx cards need a game relaunch

I am not really having any issue. However I paid $700 for my 3080, if the 4080 is around that price and I can sell the 3080 and get $300-400 for it and put it towards the 4080 to me it be a good upgrade. I want to play Starfield , Avowed , Fable and other games coming out in the future. The 3080 could most likely handle it but of course I'd like to play them as near maxed out as I can .

I could I guess wait for the 50x0 series but by then my 3080 may be less valuable to resell. I am of course also interested in RDNA 3 stuff. This was my first nvidia card since the fx

I am also thinking of getting a 34+ inch ultra wide with a 100hz option and I also have a 4k 60hz screen. So I would want to drive either one (some games don't work great ultra wide)

Newegg had a 6700 non-XT for $360us the other day and I'm sort of kicking myself for not getting it.

Still, it's fun to be able to hunt for GPU deals again and not feel totally hopeless. :D

I'm currently trying to nab myself a 3090 off eBay for a decent price, preferably an EVGA with warranty still left. EVGA FTW3 3090's are now $1299 retail new.

GPU prices have come down fast. And their still falling, the analysis from back in april that GPUs would be back to MRSP and below in august this year seem very correct.

I'm currently trying to nab myself a 3090 off eBay for a decent price, preferably an EVGA with warranty still left. EVGA FTW3 3090's are now $1299 retail new.
EVGA warranties are top notch! I could never get comfortable with the 3090's dimensions so will likely wait for Ada and see what next gen tensor and RT cores brings.

Wonder if Nvidia will continue support for the hardware accelerated motion blur feature since I only see support in pro apps like Blender, Autodesk, V-Ray and Redshift. Not sure if any game actually implemented the feature.

Back