GPD Win 4.

a new video released today -01/31/2023 - by the same guy in the video shared by @Karamazov on the state on handheld PCs in 2023. He actually purchased the GPD Win 4 after trying it.

how gorgeous the device is aside, what surprised me the most is EmuDeck, which he describes as an emulator manager that downloads and installs the best specific emulator for your machine and pre-configures all the emulator settings for you, so you do not have to spend much time learning how each of those emulators work.

Additionally, Batocera also surprised me. It is amazing to carry on a pen full PC games, emulator games and so on without having to install anything and all of that working from the get go.
Yea emudeck is great on the steam deck. They just updated it also about a month ago.

did you preorder one of these yet ?

Yea emudeck is great on the steam deck. They just updated it also about a month ago.

The fact that it automatizes the process of setting up your emulators is a big win. I've been setting up a few emulators to play certain games with my 5 y.o. nephew and configuring them was a bit of a hassle. Not a pita but sill....

Didn't preorder yet, still undecided whether to go for the Ayaneo Slide or the GPD Win 4, I am not in a hurry, although if you get the GPD Win 4 in Indiegogo right now you get a nice discount. I'd probably get the 799$ model, 'cos at the resolutions I expect to play games, maybe 32GB is overkill.

The fact that it automatizes the process of setting up your emulators is a big win. I've been setting up a few emulators to play certain games with my 5 y.o. nephew and configuring them was a bit of a hassle. Not a pita but sill....

Didn't preorder yet, still undecided whether to go for the Ayaneo Slide or the GPD Win 4, I am not in a hurry, although if you get the GPD Win 4 in Indiegogo right now you get a nice discount. I'd probably get the 799$ model, 'cos at the resolutions I expect to play games, maybe 32GB is overkill.
The 32gigs may become important with more current gen games hitting. The consoles have 16 gigs of ram standard and this has to run windows on top the games. I am happy with the deck. I will likely wait for a deck 2 or for a game I really want to play not being able to work on it

two days ago I was about to preorder the most basic model featuring 32GB or 16GB, which were available. I decided I wasn't in a hurry 'cos it doesn't ship until March, and when I tried to pre-order one today, a few minutes ago, only the most expensive models are available. :oops: At 734$ and 810$ I thought the price was reasonable, and I don't need the extra disk space of the newest models, since I have a 2TB drive I wanted to plug into it.

two days ago I was about to preorder the most basic model featuring 32GB or 16GB, which were available. I decided I wasn't in a hurry 'cos it doesn't ship until March, and when I tried to pre-order one today, a few minutes ago, only the most expensive models are available. :oops: At 734$ and 810$ I thought the price was reasonable, and I don't need the extra disk space of the newest models, since I have a 2TB drive I wanted to plug into it.
I am sure they will offer more quickly.
If not I am pretty sure by the end of the year they will be announcing the 7x00 versions of the device

Back