Gothic 4

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by Davros, Aug 20, 2010.

1. N00b

Regular

There are a couple of review out here in Germany ranging from as low as 46% to about 80%, IGN UK gave it 75% for the PC version and 70% for the XBox 360 one.

2. John Reynolds

John Reynolds Ecce homo
    Veteran

It sounds like it'll be an ok game once patched, it's just not Gothic.

3. woundingchaney

Regular

Hotfix is currently available.

I am hearing some complaints that while it is a good game, its more akin to Fable or Zelda series than a traditional Gothic title.

For those interested they might also want to try out Risen.

4. Malo

Malo Yak Mechanicum
    Legend Veteran Subscriber

Well Risen 2 is on the horizon at least.

5. poopypoo

Veteran

The question is, is it not Gothic in that it's a boring plot scenario and extremely linear, or is not Gothic in that it's less buggy and actually fun to get into combat with? ^_~

6. Cartoon Corpse

Veteran

demo won't run on my fx60/x1900xtx rig. guess it's finally hit retirement age.

it runs a little bit...big green squares around the foliage (3 leaf groups). also a mini pic of the screen in upper lefthand corner (like pic within a pic on tv except same channel!).

then i run around a little and it crashes.

meh, didn't meet specs (just like mafia 2 which i didn't get). so i guess i won't get this for a while.

anyone know what the best GPU that will work on my asus a8n32-sli deluxe mboard is? i tried upgrading a while back to top of line ATI/AMD (48XX something) only to get it home a find out the dongles are different and it said not to use adapters, so i returned it.

7. Silent_Buddha

Legend

By "dongles" do you mean power connectors? If so, then using molex or SATA to PCIE 2x3 or 2x4 converters work just fine as long as your PSU can provide the power required. And considering something like a 6850 system could run quite happily on a 350 watt power supply, getting an upgrade to the x1900xtx shouldn't be very difficult.

Regards,
    SB

8. Cartoon Corpse

Veteran

yeah i meant the molex (i have 4 pin they have 6 pin). the owners manual said though (with pic) NOT to use 4-6 pin adapters. ???

I have 670W power supply. I built the thing to last. (hopefully longtime GPU upgrades) but i wasn't experienced (my assumption).

i haven't had time to shop for (in depth) new GPU's. i know my mboard/rig is 'old'. but i hate to waste the $3000 i spent building it 5 years ago since it runs like a champ (had to replace a hard drive so far) and it's liquid cooled.

9. Malo

Malo Yak Mechanicum
    Legend Veteran Subscriber

Don't the proper molex adapters have 2x4pin -> 6pin?

10. Silent_Buddha

Legend

You'll be fine with 2x molex -> PCIE power connector. Whatever video card you purchase should have enough converters, if they don't you can buy them really cheap. I have like 10 or 12 of the things here, heh. :)

Regards,
    SB

11. swaaye

swaaye Entirely Suboptimal
    Legend

I wouldn't count on an adapter being in the box. I think they're starting to assume you have a recent PSU. It looks to me like half of the cards come with one.

12. K.I.L.E.R

K.I.L.E.R Retarded moron
    Veteran

Does no one else find this game to be pretty bad? I found Gothic 3 to be good, but Arcania seems to lack so much depth, I am past the tutorial island, but the quests seem as linear as the paths to take.

13. Davros

Legend

the game stays linear