Got myself a Logitech MX Revolution

K.I.L.E.R

Retarded moron
Veteran
I know it's an old mouse, but I wanted to use a wireless mouse for the first time in my life. My previous mouse was a Logitech G5. The MX hasn't got the DPI of my previous mouse, but it doesn't matter. This mouse neither feels less, nor more accurate than my previous one, initially the lack of DPI of the MX did seem noticeable but after running Logitech's connection utility it fixed up the lag and the MX was very responsive. It had dropout issues, but fixed that by attaching the USB dongle to my Mac keyboard. The MX is a world more comfortable than my G5, but it isn't due to the lack of cord. The fact the MX isn't attached to a wire seems quite irrelevant.

Gaming seems quite good with the MX, even though it boasts only an 800 DPI, I haven't found myself performing better or worse in games like Unreal Tournament 3, Bioshock, etc.... On my G5 I found swapping DPI settings a useless gimmick, it never helped me to snipe or otherwise. I set both mice to an optimal setting in Setpoint and leave it at that.

For day to day business the MX has many advantages, all the buttons are used in Firefox for moving to tabs, closing tabs and that sort of thing. Spinlock is a neat feature but hasn't blown me away, I try to use it as a normal scrolling mechanism, but that is only because it's fun smacking the wheel.

Was it worth the purchase? $150 is too much given the only benefit I found the MX has over my G5 is it's ergonomic shape.

Wow you spent a lot on that mouse mate. Thats the one I have as well and though I miss the middle click because instead in this mouse it triggers the ratchetiness in the spin of the scroll button, its a good mouse. But I do miss my middle click in games...:(

Can't you can remap the middle mouse button in games ?

I have middle click set to one of the thumb buttons on mine.

I love my MX Revolution. Being able to scroll rapidly down a long webpage, through a document, etc is priceless.

Regards,
SB

Back