Got Midnight tickets for Star Wars Episode 3

CMAN

Regular
I have officially geeked myself out! I got a midnight ticket for Star Wars 3! Go me. Hopefully it will be fun as I haven't been to a midnight showing for a Star Wars movie before

Read the novelization last week while on vacation (typical prequel: action combined with painful dialogue). I'm tempted to buy tickets for the first day (no midnight viewings).

I get free movie tickets every month for carpooling & I've saved up 8, so I'm gonna treat all of my geek-ball buddies to Episode 3. :D

<sigh>

I saw every one of the original first three Star Wars movies on opening day, and there ain't a lot of people I know that can say that. (I had read the book a month before the movie came out and was waiting for it)

The last three I haven't seen until the DVDs came out. :oops:

Criminy do I feel old!

Me and some old highschool classmates and girlfriends and maybe a couple guys more will go north to Oslo to see E3 there in the world's largest THX cinema. Or it used to be anyway, maybe now they've built a bigger one. :D Anyway, the place is huge and so is the screen, as is the sound. I remember feeling the thumps in my chest during the Obi-Wan/Darth Maul battle in E1 when their lightsabres collided. Awesome...

Guden Oden said:
Me and some old highschool classmates and girlfriends and maybe a couple guys more will go north to Oslo to see E3 there in the world's largest THX cinema. Or it used to be anyway, maybe now they've built a bigger one. :D Anyway, the place is huge and so is the screen, as is the sound. I remember feeling the thumps in my chest during the Obi-Wan/Darth Maul battle in E1 when their lightsabres collided. Awesome...

I know what you mean.. I saw "Der Untergang" there recently, and it sure put some extra thump into artillery shells and the likes.

I'm not all updated on cinema technology, but it was said that Sony debuted their digital projector in the largest cinema here in Trondheim, during the Kosmorama Film Festival last week, and that it would be used for the very first time on the premiere night of E3. I had the impression that digital projectors were already common in high end theatres, but I might have been wrong? Can't wait to see the difference, though..

Kind regards
K

Back