Google Toolbar translating even when asked not to

Grall

Invisible Member
Legend
This issue appeared quite recently. I first encountered it on my dad's PC this past weekend, where the Google Toolbar would translate individual words the mouse pointer hovered over in a tooltip.

Of course, this is distracting in of itself, and also, I don't want Google to snoop in on every damn page I choose to visit (although they probably do that already, hrm...)

Yes, I had disabled the translation function in the config menu even before this ever happened, and I've since tried re-disabling it, but it still won't go away. I'd rather not uninstall the toolbar as I use it to manage all of my bookmarks, but if I can't stop this behavior I might have to. This is really bugging me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't want Google to snoop in on every damn page I choose to visit

Then uninstall that thingy and use AdBlock+ to block everything containing "googleanalytics" etc.

Found it, finally...

In the settings menu there's a little plus icon that expands two additional options. In my blind rage (well, not quite), I overlooked that little icon and simply assumed that by unchecking the translation feature I should effectively have turned it completely off.

Not so. The word-for-word translation has to be manually disabled by expanding the plus icon and then unchecking it from within there. Rather buggish behavior, if you ask me...

Anyway, it's finally gone now. All is well within the land again.

Back