Google toolbar question

digitalwanderer

wandering
Legend
Do I have to update it or does it auto update itself? Is there anyway to check? (I figure I update everything else, but me googlebar I just installed and forgot about it since it works so well.)

digitalwanderer said:
Do I have to update it or does it auto update itself? Is there anyway to check? (I figure I update everything else, but me googlebar I just installed and forgot about it since it works so well.)

I believe the IE version autoupdates itself. If you're using the mozilla plugin, you'll need to get the update from the website that develops it.

http://googlebar.mozdev.org/index.html

digitalwanderer said:
I didn't even KNOW there was a mozilla version, now I got no reason for using IE anymore! :D

if you dl the latest browser its built into the browser...

however on my system IE seems to be miles faster than the firebird thingamejigger so I just stick to good ol IE...

and yah I think it does auto-update itself :)

I use Netscape 7.2. All of the plugins that work for Mozilla work with it, naturally, considering it's built on Mozilla. Same goes for Firefox.

Netscape 7.2 is my primary browser. And that's saying a lot considering I dumped NS after 3 Gold, because IE 4/5/6 were far superior to NS 4.x and 6.x. 7.x is a completely different story however. Well recommended. :)

Natoma said:
I use Netscape 7.2. All of the plugins that work for Mozilla work with it, naturally, considering it's built on Mozilla. Same goes for Firefox.

Netscape 7.2 is my primary browser. And that's saying a lot considering I dumped NS after 3 Gold, because IE 4/5/6 were far superior to NS 4.x and 6.x. 7.x is a completely different story however. Well recommended. :)
I have to ask - why use netscape rather than mozilla/firefox?
what advantage do YOU feel it brings?

Sazar said:
digitalwanderer said:
I didn't even KNOW there was a mozilla version, now I got no reason for using IE anymore! :D

however on my system IE seems to be miles faster than the firebird thingamejigger so I just stick to good ol IE...

It's the opposit on my system.

Althornin said:
Natoma said:

I have to ask - why use netscape rather than mozilla/firefox?
what advantage do YOU feel it brings?

Firefox stalls on certain pages that use javascript links, such as the ESPN Fantasy Basketball site, that I happen to visit quite often. Other than that, no particular reason. But the new NS sure looks nice. :)

Get yourself a good broadband connection Natoma.
FireFox loads JScript pages nearly instantly while with IE I would have to wait a while before the page shows up.

One reason I scrapped IE for FireFox (FireBird back then) is because it instantly displays pages or near instantly displays them.

K.I.L.E.R said:
Sazar said:
digitalwanderer said:

yah I don't understand whats up with teh new version... the old version seemed zippier...

sites and all load fast... its just the app itself takes forever to load in comparison to IE...

K.I.L.E.R said:
Get yourself a good broadband connection Natoma.
FireFox loads JScript pages nearly instantly while with IE I would have to wait a while before the page shows up.

One reason I scrapped IE for FireFox (FireBird back then) is because it instantly displays pages or near instantly displays them.

I have speakeasy DSL. :)

I don't use IE anymore. hehe. I use Netscape. ;)

Sazar said:
K.I.L.E.R said:
Sazar said:
digitalwanderer said:

yah I don't understand whats up with teh new version... the old version seemed zippier...

sites and all load fast... its just the app itself takes forever to load in comparison to IE...

Dude, I have PC 133 RAM @ 160MHz with a 1.8GHz Williamette (older P4) and a 7200RPM HD and it takes less than a second (literally) to load up. :oops:

Are you running a P2 233MHz with 64MB RAM and a 2.5K RPM HD?

Back