Google Suggest

sytaylor said:
I always knew google was my friend

i think i posted "Google is your friend" several hundered times to ppl asking stupid questions or being to lazy to bloody type few words in google. ;)

I decided to test it out-- on my first try, I typed in "wtf" and then added on an "I" by mistake. The top suggestion was "wtfisgoingonhere" which I consider a highly serendipitous and fitting response.

(Google's second place suggestion was "wtfiml33t". It's just as fitting as the first choice but not as serendipitous, therefore it's second place is deserved.)

:p

That's CREEPY!

I wrote "dead po" and it autocompleted "ets society" for me, as I'm watching that DVD right now (and LOVE it).

Fantastic stuffs... I've sort of thinking search engines should have something like this, but my idea wasn't as simple and logical or...well...smart, as this. :)

Google rocks. :D

Saw this a while ago and, tbh, thought it was just a gimmick. It's quicker for me to type what I'm looking for than it is to look at some list and select what I want.

Diplo said:
It's quicker for me to type what I'm looking for than it is to look at some list and select what I want.

Thing is, it automatically puts whatever it is it considers most likely right in the text field, which after a small number of letters is also likely to be exactly what you're looking for, at which point you just press enter.

At least that's what happened for me when I did some test runs.

Typing "computers are u" displays the selection "Computers are useless. They can only give you answers", a famous quote from Pablo Picasso.

Well surprise, it just gave me the question.

How ironic. :D

True, I tried typing in "midget p", and it suggested "opulation". The closest I come is "midget porm", whatever the hell that is! :LOL:

Guden Oden said:
True, I tried typing in "midget p", and it suggested "opulation". The closest I come is "midget porm", whatever the hell that is! :LOL:

so, your into midget pr0n?....yuck..... :?

Back