Google Go for game programming?

In about 5 years of maturing/developing/training of devs, yeah, it could have potential for game programming.

This sounds nice
Go compilers produce fast code fast. Typical builds take a fraction of a second yet the resulting programs run nearly as quickly as comparable C or C++ code.

but still far to early to tell (though gotta be better than them pushing javascript), google are as important as apple but have had a few mishits.
I see it uses garbage collection (depending on your POV) thats a neg/positive

I haven't installed it yet... but considering the installation process is simple, and just involves installing a python module, I'd be willing to give it a shot when I have time. Unfortunately, I have very little time to play with it. Nevertheless, I am curious about the references in their blog about having it run on the android platform as well...

Considering Google's focus, I don't see it becoming viable for client development anytime soon. But MMO backends share a lot of characteristics with Google's bread and butter, so my guess is this is the first area it might be used in the game industry.

Back