good news for Dave

silence

Regular
new AdBlock (i am using Adblock Plus 0.5.9.2) extension for Firefox has option "support websites" where you can disable showing of ads, but they count as shown for marketeers...

meaning, you dont see banner, but if you add Beyond3D to your "support website" list (as i did) then Dave and B3D get more cash cause counters show _EVERY_ banner on site shown even if you dont see it.....

basically.... you can browse B3D without seeing/hearing banners, but B3D doesnt lose a single penny cause you have AdBlock....
its in the options of latest AdBlock version and i will be more then happy to help people set up their AdBlock to make Dave's life easier....

this is new feature... and it is supposed to work.... i just looked at options in my AdBlock and saw and all i can can say is that B3D is only site in my list.....for now....

these are good news both for people who hate adds and site owners :)

LOL digi... but this is good news for Dave.
Firefox users (and there are many here and prolly all have AdBlock installed) now have option to put B3D on "support website" list which gives feedback to marketeers that you saw their banner add, while you acctually have it turned off.....

if this was regular site... it wouldnt be that much of a news... but here you have too many people using Firefox and this should be done by all of them....
Dave will get better results (more cash) from marketing companies and users that used to block annoying adds (and continue to do that) can now add B3D to that list and make marketing companies think they saw the ads....

IMO....win-win.... for all.... specially for Dave, cause i think he lost some revenue cause AdBlock was blocking many ads.... well.... thats what i heard....;)

Back