Good GameCube Deals?

Ty

Roberta E. Lee
Veteran
As I'm a kid and want a GCN because it's better suited to kids ;), I was wondering what some of the better package deals out there might be? Seen a few in the various ads but wasn't sure if there was one deal that stood out in particular. Tks!

I didn't know you were a kid Ty....

There are some great deals here in England for both GC and XBox (there basically giving XBox's away here), but I don't know about the U.S.

Giving Xbox away? The UK gamecube bundles come with 10 games! Now that's giving something away imo.

Ty, if you live in the UK and want a gamecube, then your're really in luck. Since they have some huge bundels available. If you live in the US, then I'm not sure if there's any bundles going on right now. Possibly you can pick it up with Mario sunshine as a bundle. That's a fun game.

The ten game bundle is limited to Toys 'R Us. Some of them are stinkers but overall it's a pretty damn good deal.

It's an ok deal... Driven is supposed to be shite though.

Make no mistake, Driven IS shit. My sister in law picked it up as it was only $20..... after an hour with the game she decided she couldn't sell the game in good faith for $5, it was simply asking far too much money for it(I've played it, stomached about three hours of it trying to go all the way through to review it, decided to scratch the review, it was too painful ;) ). Every single element in the game flat out sucks. Not a single good element to it(which is hard to say about any title, really).

Quincy:

Yes TRU have some really good GameCube deals, but they are limited to TRU and aren't actually Nintendo bundles. The TRU 10 games GameCube bundle is full of average to poor games like Dark Summit, Driven ect, no Mario or SFA or any other big games AFAICS (I can't seem to find the bundle on the TRU site anymore), all for £249.99 ($393).

The XBox bundle I was talking about is nationwide in the U.K in all stores and is XBox + Halo + Splinter Cell + JSRF + Sega GT 2002 all for only £199.99! ($314) You can easily sell those games on ebay for £100.

The GameCube bundle isn't that bad.

From CVG:
But don't spend those Christmas pounds just yet. The gloves are off. How about a GameCube, Luigi's Mansion, Legends of Wrestling, Extreme G3, Crash Bandicoot: Wrath of Cortex, Tony Hawks Pro Skater 3, Burnout, Star Wars: Rogue Squadron, 18 Wheeler American Pro Trucker, Spider-Man and Zoo Cube for 250? That's 10 games.

Some big sellers in there... great for kids who don't know wtf they want anyway.

Teasy said:
Quincy:

Yes TRU have some really good GameCube deals, but they are limited to TRU and aren't actually Nintendo bundles. The TRU 10 games GameCube bundle is full of average to poor games like Dark Summit, Driven ect, no Mario or SFA or any other big games AFAICS (I can't seem to find the bundle on the TRU site anymore), all for £249.99 ($393).

there is a toys'r'us pack with SFA

http://www.toysrus.co.uk/product_de...ick=760137897&nextpage=search_display.jsp

too bad i don't see these packs in my country :(

IMO most of those games (from the 10 game TRU bundle) are pretty bad.

Its an excellent deal for young children (and this is TRU I suppose).. because they don't really mind crappy games allot of the time. You get a console and LOADS of games for a reasonable price. But I certainly wouldn't be interested. I wouldn't even be interested in more then 2-3 of those games, and not even that interested in thos. Quantity is nothing to me without quality.

I suppose you could probably sell those 10 games for about £135 on ebay if you sold them singley, maybe £135, but it'd be a bit of an annoyance and you'd still only end up with the GameCube for £115 (you can buy it online by itself for £120).

I'd prefer to go with one of the better 4 game £199 bundles at TRU, I think I saw one with SMS, SFA, SSB:M and Eternal Darkness.. or something like that anyway, 4 quality games.. now that's a bit better IMO. If you sold those you'd likely get £100 on ebay and so you'd have the GameCube for £99. But in the end these are all simply TRU bundles, any losses are to TRU themselves.

As far as XBox goes. I just can't believe MS are selling XBox for £199 with those 4 free games, I mean Halo is the best game for the console and Splinter Cell is there biggest new title.

You could sell those 4 games one ebay for £100 easily, maybe even £110, then you have the XBox for only £99.99, possibly even £90.99! Considering how much it costs MS to make the XBox that is one hell of a low price! And this is a bundle direct from MS not any single store.

I'm really not suprised that XBox is getting really good sales in the U.K right now, they'e almost giving the console away.

Over here we have the Sunshine and Platinum bundles.. Sunshine comes with SMS and Platinum is a silver GCN w/Metroid.

MP > SMS, and platinum > * :) So if they have the platinum deal for cheap over there (or the Sunshine) I'd go for it.

If not, grab that 10-game package.. play the games.. and trade in those that you don't want for more AAA fare like MP, SMS, Pikmin, or one of the many other solid games for the system not included in the package..

Thanks to all for the help. Just to clarify, I'm a kid, but only at heart. And I'm in the US. Anyhow, if anyone sees a great GC deal later on, please be sure to pass it on. :)

Back