Good free IRC client?

If you do AIM and/or MSN too, then try Trillian. . .as it will do all three. And if you upgrade to the Pro (paid for) version, then you get logging of all that as well.

.Melchiah. said:
I had the impression mIRC isn't available for free, but only as a 30-day trial version?

mIRC runs forever and forever, it only NAGS you after 30 days... Some have been running the same instance of mIRC since '97.

BRiT said:
mIRC runs forever and forever, it only NAGS you after 30 days... Some have been running the same instance of mIRC since '97.

It keeps on running, but I am not sure keeping using it is entirely legal. Anyway, I don't like mIRC at all, it is one of the worst clients out there, IMO.

<shamelessplug>
irc.freenode.net #beyond3d
</shamelessplug>

i found gaim's IRC client to be pretty useful. though, i have to admit i don't really like most IRC clients.

Opera has a nice IRC client integrated too. There's also a extension for Firefox (not that great, if you ask me).

Vysez said:
Opera has a nice IRC client integrated too. There's also a extension for Firefox (not that great, if you ask me).

Yes, the client in Opera is pure ownage. Amazingly simple to use and very very clean. Its worth the download and install of Opera alone.

Chatzilla for Firefox is crap. Its a pain to use and not for the novice. I really wish someone would release a halfway decent IRC client for Firefox.

Back