Goldeneye Wii Trailer

Well, its not on 360 and there's no reason for it to be IMO, just be happy that we're finally seeing a Goldeneye remake.

Anyway, love the look of this game. From the trailer it looks so much like the original, almost like they just took Goldeneye and pumped up the graphics. As someone who still occasionally plays the original I couldn't be more excited about a Goldeneye remake. The only thing (in gaming) that's more exciting to me at the moment is 3DS.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, its not on 360 and there's no reason for it to be IMO, just be happy that we're finally seeing a Goldeneye remake.
I think he mentioned it because of the Goldeneye remake that was coming out on XBLA. Funny, considering the rumor was that Nintendo put a stop to the game being released.

Well, graphics aside it doesn't look too shabby.

I dont care about graphic, as long gameplay is OK.

This is what I'm really nervous about. There was something well-balanced with that game, with the mission objectives to the enemy positions.

I hope they don't also ruin the game by giving you healthpacks or implementing timed recover like what most modern FPS/3rdPS do. Goldeneye was partially a test of endurance.

Looks bad even by Wii's standards. Nobody would give a damn if it hadn't the name "goldeneye" slapped onto it.

It takes a lot to make me use one of these but.. :rolleyes: They've clearly tried to upgrade the games graphics while keeping the same style and very similar looking models. Also the name isn't important, what's important is that the game seems to be Goldeneye in every way looking at the trailer. The levels, character models, everything looks so reminisent of the first game, and that's how it should be IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rare is dead and buried. I wouldn't even count on the guys working under that name today to deliver a Goldeneye remake that is truly golden. That it's Eurocom developing this makes no difference.

Yeah, Rare hasn't made anything really good in over 10 years, hell, I'm sure most young gamers today don't even know who the hell they are.

This is pure speculation, but it seems to me Rare got stuck in a rut making cutesy games, and I wouldn't be surprised if that bored their most talented staff enough to make 'em leave. Game quality suffered as a result, and with no great titles it's harder to attract quality developers = more mediocre titles. Combine that with a chronic inability to execute that almost rivals 3DRealms...! :p

Their golden days are indeed well over by now.

Back