Goldeneye Tech

Colonel

Newcomer
This is question about the tech that was used in Goldeneye and I guess Perfect Dark but more about Goldeneye than Perfect Dark. Now I know the N64 was a beast for its time and Goldeneye and Perfect Dark showed what it could do in the right hands. Ok my question is how many enemys could be on screen at once even with slowdown? b/c I remember playing the temple you know the last secret stage and I can remember seeing at least up to like 20-30 enemys on screen at once or am I wrong I used to use a cheat code so I wouldnt die and would just let them build up. Now I would check it out myself but my N64 got stole along with countless other games and systems including Goldeneye and Perfect Dark. I guess I have another question if it was not for a few things do you think the N64 could have stayed around tell say like 2002?

What do you mean with slowdown? Than you could go as low as 0.1fps and ofcourse have alot more of enemies. I never played PD but what I remember GoldenEye it wouldnt even run that smooth with a small amount of enemies on screen, let alone with 20+. But I could be wrong, its years ago I played that game.

Didnt the n64 stay out untill 2002 btw? the GC got released in 2001, I dont believe the n64 got canned that fast. In 1998 I still could get new Snes games, and the n64 was out for 2 years already than I believe im sure the n64 was still out there in 2002. There is even GC stuff in stores these days, and that never really sold that well for the stores.

They were never more than 20 enemies on screen in PD or Golden Eye. 4 or 5 is probably the most you'd get without turning into a slide show.

Back