Godzilla Unleashed is probably the best looking 3rd party Wii game right now.

I found these screens on the Pipeworks blog on IGN. I can't believe a small company like Pipeworks can pump out visuals like this while most other bigger companies are still pumping out visuals below GC.

godzilla-unleashed-20070517014821800-000.jpg

godzilla-unleashed-20070517014815237-000.jpg

godzilla-unleashed-20070517014820128-000.jpg

godzilla-unleashed-20070504023912861.jpg

we must be looking at different screens, because I'm not seeing anything impressive

It certainly looks better than just about anything else we've seen on Wii so far. You must not have seen any Wii games yet. Most of them have been below even Gamecube quality.

Think about the environments needed for this game.

IF they're a lot smaller than other levels, then what could you do with those extra resources? Up the detail perhaps?

It certainly looks better than just about anything else we've seen on Wii so far. You must not have seen any Wii games yet. Most of them have been below even Gamecube quality.

pokemon, sm galaxy, heck even re4 wii look a shiteload better than this. this is garbage.

I found these screens on the Pipeworks blog on IGN. I can't believe a small company like Pipeworks can pump out visuals like this while most other bigger companies are still pumping out visuals below GC.
I think you're getting mislead by the promo pic IQ. The real game won't (unless we're finally seeing some unexpected Wii magic) have all that supersampled AA. And what's left is decidedly mediocre.

I'm well aware that the pictures are lower resolution than the real game, but I still clearly see the aliasing in the screens.

Back