Godus - Peter Molyneux under fire

hi molly, nice to see you have not changed (i read his announcement for the new game called Trials or something)

Sounds like he's putting it all on poor Konrad.

"Konrad wanted all these changes", "Konrad wanted to drive everything forward."

I wonder what the backers could do if promises aren't kept?

Gah. I was wanting to buy this thing because it sounded so great, but, you know, Molyneux, and now I'm glad that I never did.

Sounds like he's putting it all on poor Konrad.

"Konrad wanted all these changes", "Konrad wanted to drive everything forward."

I wonder what the backers could do if promises aren't kept?

Supposedly ask for a refund.
I fund it, I like the result, but it's not finished yet IMO.
As for promises not fulfilled... I don't know what to think of them, I just wanted a modern populous.

Me too! I just downloaded it yesterday to try it but the reviews were discouraging...

Had it on my wishlist for ages and kept track of it somewhat but was disheartened from the feedback. Glad I never do early access but sad to see yet another broken promise from Molly.

Hmmm. So there's an iOS version of Godus that was developed in tandem with the PC version? Was the iOS version part of the Kickstarter funding? On the face of it it looks like the PC version (sans microtransactions) seemingly got left behind whilst the iOS version (with microtransactions) became the main focus for development.

I'm eagerly awaiting his next game.
"The Moon on a Stick"

One of my dreams was to be able to play Black and White while sitting next to peter and to slap him everytime something retarded happened.
I punished my creature for eating a tree why is the game saying "your creature will no longer eat fish" How does that make sense?
"slap,slap,slap"

Last edited:
dawson-620x.jpg

Hmmm. So there's an iOS version of Godus that was developed in tandem with the PC version? Was the iOS version part of the Kickstarter funding? On the face of it it looks like the PC version (sans microtransactions) seemingly got left behind whilst the iOS version (with microtransactions) became the main focus for development.

That's the one I'm trying. Was free to download, so I actually recommend giving it a go. I've played the tutorial basically. I might pick this up playing it some more in the train.

Reviews on iOS are currently 4.5 stars, which is quite ok. For me I can only hope they give an option to just buy the game and leave out the microtransactions. It did already crash on me once though (playing it on iPhone 5S)

I wanted Godus on iOS, but I'll never touch any game that is microtransaction-driven. What a letdown, meh.

I haven't tried it, so I don't know if it's good or not. I find a lot of times his games are good, but he's built expectations so high that people get pissed. For a person that doesn't follow all of the press and promises, the games are great. For people the people that he hooks based on huge promises, it can be a major disappointment that they can't overlook, even if the game is decent.

Yups, that's the problem with Peter. He always over promise.

But despite that, the resulting game still good.

If only he can stops over promising....

I don't think I've ever read an interview as angry as that one.

I don't know. I don't see the interviewer as being angry. He's just holding his feet to the flames, basically doing what someone in that situation should do. In access journalism that's rare.

Edit: Ok, reading through some of it again, I'm obviously wrong. The interviewer does seem emotional.

Back