Godfall (Always Online Required) [PC, PS5, PS4, XO, XBSX|S]

And it looks God AwFall..If the alleged Raytracing really is present then it's definitely a waste of resource to me. That Hellblade footage despite with no RT looks leaps and bounds better, the enormous amount of GPU resources saved from RT could be so much better utilized as shown in those incredible landscapes, character models, lighting, Post processing and fluid sim smoke than some hard to notice reflections that requires a third take. OK sure this is an indie title but still the point stands. I mean hell even Ghost of Tsushima looks better.

Isn't the godfall footage in game/gameplay?. The Hellblade footage is only in engine and there's no evidence its real time at all.

This game will probably have a small-ish budget and take advantage of the new hardware in a way that will quickly be eclipsed by subsequent games. But that's the fun of launch games! I always enjoy the odd little (or, at least, littler) games that come out in a console's launch window.

Although playing them outside of the launch window is perilous. Take Killzone Shadowfall as my own, personal example: I played it two or three years after it had come out, having already played some Star Wars Battlefront. Rather than marveling at the graphics and other little quirks (like making decent use of the DualShock 5's speaker) I was just playing it enjoying it on its own merits, unswayed by tech. And outside of its tech, it's not a well made game, mainly because of the way in which it manages to consistently manage to achieve the worst of both worlds in its blend of open and linear level design.

This is still a year from release, so it'll likely impressive beyond what we've seen so far (all 4 seconds of it.) It's one to play, at launch, with your new PS5, so you can go weak in the knees at all the shiny reflections. Then burn the disc so your memories can never be sullied.

Slowed down version of the gif to notice note details.

Credits to deepenigma from gaf
9nag7mz.gif

Isn't the godfall footage in game/gameplay?. The Hellblade footage is only in engine and there's no evidence its real time at all.
I agree the Hellblade footage is all inengine and does not represent actual gameplay, but even if we dumb it down by Hellblade 1's standard it should still maintain most of the look. I'd rather devs pour more resources to graphics features other than hard to notice reflections and shadows that's all. But we'll see when more shows up.

During actual gameplay, for the most, it didn’t look much better then other high end fps titles. BF4 doesn’t do under for example.

During actual gameplay, for the most, it didn’t look much better then other high end fps titles. BF4 doesn’t do under for example.
Strongly disagree. Shadowfall looked much better than BF4 IMO. the cross gen roots of BF4 showed quite strongly.

From Digital Foundry analysis :
ased on media from yesterday's event, Counterplay Games' Godfall is the only 100 per cent confirmed title from the line-up to target a native 4K60

for comparison the leaked Alpha footage dated from january 2019 PC footage If I remember

More Gameplay from PC Game Show
Wait so this is UE5 now? I guess it's the early build without Nanite or Lumen. This clip actually showcased the graphics much better with better locales chosen but still utterly mediocre compared to most other titles. Also the 1080p YT compression doesn't help one bit.

Back