Godfall (Always Online Required) [PC, PS5, PS4, XO, XBSX|S]

This seems like sony had the forethought of having whatever first ps5 game trailer they could in hand, just in case MS released something (in this case Hellbalde 2) so they could try to steal some of the thunder.
While that seems smart in theory, this trailer has very little "next-gen" wow factor, and specially compared to Hellblade's, its almost an embarasment. I wonder if this doesn't do more damage than good.
Still, I think sony just wants to have something out there so the next-gen conversation doesn'r revolve entirely around SEX until sony is ready thto share their own info.

This is already starting to be called a Sloosher (term coined on Dropped Frames to denote a looter slasher as the Gearbox reps called it). The Borderlands games were called Slooters (term coined on Dropped Frames to denote a looter shooters).

Regards,
SB

Short gameplay snippet fom playstationlifestyle interview. And more detailed infos there:

ezgif.com-resize.gif

Here is the link
https://www.playstationlifestyle.ne...ontroller-world-gameplay-keith-lee-interview/

PSLS: WHAT UNIQUE BENEFITS ARE YOU GETTING BY DEVELOPING GODFALL ON NEXT-GENERATION HARDWARE? WHY MAKE IT A PS5 EXCLUSIVE RATHER THAN A CROSS-GEN RELEASE WITH PS4?
KEITH LEE: The exceptionally powerful SSD on the PlayStation 5 offers a new level of detail for each individual object as well as seamless loading of our expansiveness world. Our combat is kinesthetic in nature, so the new controller’s “adaptive triggers” and haptic feedback will make moment-to-moment combat feel exhilarating and visceral.

Would look good @4k60fps with Raytracing.
Bit weird they didn't show any gamrplay footage like in the gif above.

Next batch of info next spring, maybe after or during ps5 official unveiling.

Last edited:
That's the great thing about x86 hardware, devs take advantage of the hardware much faster. Looks nice, guess it's up there with MS's hellblade rendering.
PC gamers will finally have to upgrade i think :)

People seem to be more impressed by ms’s first revealed next gen game then sony’s. Both put old gen games to shame though.

Their fiction references are odd, given what they've shown. The First Blade and Foundation series? That's not to say they're not both great bits of fiction to be inspired by.

Looks good. I think people that love Dark Souls this could really take off.

That gif shows signs of raytraced reflections. It's not using SSR, that's for sure.

I was trying to parse that out myself but got bothered. Did you spot clear situations where main view occluded objects showed up in reflections? That's great.

Last edited:
And it looks God AwFall..If the alleged Raytracing really is present then it's definitely a waste of resource to me. That Hellblade footage despite with no RT looks leaps and bounds better, the enormous amount of GPU resources saved from RT could be so much better utilized as shown in those incredible landscapes, character models, lighting, Post processing and fluid sim smoke than some hard to notice reflections that requires a third take. OK sure this is an indie title but still the point stands. I mean hell even Ghost of Tsushima looks better.

Back