God of War: Ragnarok [PS4, PS5]

I know this game is being directed by someone else than Cory Barlog, while the former is working on a new IP.

Is Barlog still at Sony Santa Monica though? Aside from the huge list of games they've served as technical/production support for, have they ever had 2 internal projects simultaneously before?

I'm assuming whatever Barlog is doing, is gonna be the big ambitious thing now, a true next-gen-only title.

I think its a good idea to keep the final Nord-GoW as cross-gen in a way. That limitation in scope, while a bit disapointing, keeps the two titles closer together, and speeds up development. Don't think of Ragnarok as the Next-Big-Thing, but as a direct sequel. Its Dad of War PLUS, with some extra polish and pixels for PS5. Much like GoW 2 was on ps2, which launched post PS3 release (only by some months though, true) and had NO extras for PS3...

IIs Barlog still at Sony Santa Monica though? Aside from the huge list of games they've served as technical/production support for, have they ever had 2 internal projects simultaneously before?
Cory Barlog is the Producer on God of War Ragnarök. He never stops tweeting about it.

Ragnarök's director is Eric Williams, who was a designer on God of War (2018), Darksiders, and a bunch of older God of War titles.

Cory Barlog is the Producer on God of War Ragnarök. He never stops tweeting about it.

Ragnarök's director is Eric Williams, who was a designer on God of War (2018), Darksiders, and a bunch of older God of War titles.

Cory Barlog said he want to work on a new IP. His other project is in preproduction.

I think most of the GoW Ragnorak footage was captured on PS5, where the engine will definitely have been tuned to scale up to PS5's hardware capabilities, whereas GoW 2018 did not.

Whoops, I just noticed thanks to your reply that I kept using 2016 for the last GOW instead of 2018. Not sure what I was thinking when I posted that.

Regards,
SB

Cory Barlog said he want to work on a new IP. His other project is in preproduction.
He still appears to be listed as the producer on Ragnarök. Todd Howard is often Director for multiple games in different stages of development. Some more senior roles demand less constant attention and some studies can balance that well.

I know this game is being directed by someone else than Cory Barlog, while the former is working on a new IP.

Is Barlog still at Sony Santa Monica though? Aside from the huge list of games they've served as technical/production support for, have they ever had 2 internal projects simultaneously before?

I'm assuming whatever Barlog is doing, is gonna be the big ambitious thing now, a true next-gen-only title.

I think its a good idea to keep the final Nord-GoW as cross-gen in a way. That limitation in scope, while a bit disapointing, keeps the two titles closer together, and speeds up development. Don't think of Ragnarok as the Next-Big-Thing, but as a direct sequel. Its Dad of War PLUS, with some extra polish and pixels for PS5. Much like GoW 2 was on ps2, which launched post PS3 release (only by some months though, true) and had NO extras for PS3...

No disc game but thankfully there is a steelbook. How absurd.

Anyways I'll never buy a special edition that doesnt have a disc inside.

Back