God of War [PS4] (Kratos is worthy)

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by London-boy, Apr 5, 2016.

1. djskribbles

Legend Veteran

I do think it's deeper because I think the move set is at least as large GoW3, and the enemy encounters are more tactical. I feel the large majority of encounters in GoW were just button mashing. Mashing R1 and arrows in this GoW will not get you passed quite a few encounters, especially if you're under level. Mind you this is factoring in all encounters, including side missions, which are harder than the main campaign.

Jumping is obviously not in the game, but aerial juggling is still in this GoW. Enemies generally don't float up in the air as long, but there are certain runic attacks and items you can equip to extend the time.

#641 djskribbles, May 15, 2018
    Last edited: May 15, 2018
  2. London-boy

London-boy Shifty's daddy
    Legend Subscriber

GOW is not exactly ‘open world’ in the strict sense of the term. It’s more like a series of large and very varied areas connected by corridors to a big and open area in the middle.

It’s more similar to Bloodborne in that sense than HZD.

Billy Idol and chris1515 like this.
  3. Sigfried1977

Veteran

It's basically like Ocarina of time: big field in the middle surrounded by lots of adjacent smaller ones. Even has Ocarina's parallel dimensions if you will. A traditional open world it is not.

London-boy likes this.
  4. AlBran

AlBran ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Moderator Legend

Like some sort of hydra. thinking-face.png

5. TEEDA

Regular

Couple of shots of Kratos I took from photo mode.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

DieH@rd, ultragpu and Shortbread like this.