God of War [PS4, PC]

Only thing that bothered me a little bit is the fact that the kid's face is full of scars, it means he should be more seasoned already...

Or, Kratos is an old school parent who beat that ass!! Switch, coat hanger, train track, or whatever else that was within arms reach...

We need more old school parents... :yep2:

Don't like the change of gameplay at all ! What's the point of God of War if it's not fast paced action ?
Yes, it's a blatant copying of LOU. But LOU was LOU, slow tense stealth action hybrid. Why the hell would I want a slow skyrim like stupid movement in an action game.

I don't like it. Don't like the beard, don't like the chatter, don't like the gameplay(at all) ! What a stupid way to go after GOW3 ! I guess it's time to buy the remaster and play that , pretty cheap now

I really like the rage meter activities in the top left corner: watch the gameplay again and see how the rage meter fills up when he gets angry, but goes down when his son apologises...nice! I wish Hulk would have such a rage meter :cool:

And, there is much more information out there, which really sounds super interesting: apparently there is one dedicated button for controlling actions of the kid. There are deeper RPG elements involved. The kid learns throughout the game and stuff you have to teach him at the beginning is getting his second nature later on, Kratos teaches the kid how to be a god. He fears though, that the decease "rage" is in his son as well. Also, the whole game is apparently in "one shot". No load times, no cinematics, cutscene etc etc?!? Furthermore, the devs decided against a reveal with epic set piece and battle and showed this calmer part...as they say it is a given anyways that epic battles are in :cool:

Here, the reference to read the details:
http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/06...he-first-time?abthid=5760873dad0cc3bc5f000022

Best game in the world?

How can people be so 'disappointed' by what seemed to be a very introductory first level? Nothing ever happens in the first level of any game these days. GOW3 started off with a huge bang because that's where the story from GOW2 left off.

They now have time to introduce a completely new world, new story, new characters (I consider this new, anger managed, Kratos a 'new character', as he has a totally different personality here), new combat dynamics. And they're clearly going in for the emotional connection as they've seen how successful that's been on other Sony games - the kid will OF COURSE die and Kratos will surely go crazy again, or at least that's my initial opinion.

They can hardly have a set up by throwing you in a huge action set piece, can they? And if they did, people would still complain that there was no set up, no context...

Reactions: scf
Meh. Graphics looked amazing, but that is also the problem with it. It just looks and feels like a 30fps game. Slower combat, more realism, more depth. All the things GoW3 lacked and what I loved about it. If this wasn't the next GoW game, I'd be more excited.

Meh. Graphics looked amazing, but that is also the problem with it. It just looks and feels like a 30fps game. Slower combat, more realism, more depth. All the things GoW3 lacked and what I loved about it. If this wasn't the next GoW game, I'd be more excited.
But GOW3 was a 30fps title, a very stable and unlocked 30fps which felt very fast. Only the remaster was 60fps.

But GOW3 was a 30fps title, a very stable and unlocked 30fps which felt very fast. Only the remaster was 60fps.

GOW3 was not a "30fps title". A 30 fps title would be one where the target framerate is 30fps and in the end locked to that. Clearly, the goal was 60fps, even if in the end hardware wasn't quite up to it under all circumstances. Still, the game hovers between 35fps and 60fps most of the time, combat perhaps <45fps, but overall feels like a 60fps game does. It's as much a 60fps game as MGS4 on the PS3 was. Inconsistent if you like, but not in any sense of the word a "30 fps" game.

If you're willing to call GOW3 a 30fps game, then I suppose we can start calling certain 30fps games 25fps-games because some of them fail to hit 30fps consistently under all circumstances? Just watch the Digital-Foundry video of Last of Us.

Regardless what semantic meaning you want to chose, doesn't change the point that what they showed at E3 of this new GoW feels and looks very different to what type of game GoW3 was. The pacing is very different.

Hey I'm only going from memory.

GOW3 was not a 60fps title. Maybe it was hitting 60fps when looking at a wall, and I am unable to count framerates in my brain. Point is, it felt fast for a non 30fps title. Like Infamous 3.

So please let's not make this another crusade against 30fps. We know. You hate it. We love you. We support you. It's going to be ok. *hug*

It probably felt fast because it was. I just watched the Digital-Foundry GoW3 framerate video (before my previous post). It's consistently between 35fps and 50fps during *combat*. It's as much a 60fps as any other game, or games that by design are 30fps, but fail to consistently achieve that framerate. Best example: The Last of Us that is more often than not hovering around 25fps. It's still a 30fps game by design, just as GoW3 was a 60fps one. Just not a very consistent one.

So is the boy 's mother Aphrodite?
Didn't she die too? Didn't they ALL die? I might need a big refresh.
I think Kratos just moved to Scandinavia as the Greek economy just wasn't working out for him. Found a good job, got a nice blond girl (who will die of course, if she's not already dead, cause GOW) and boom, little baby of war was born.
Or maybe the whole family followed the refugees going up towards Germany and found themselves attacked by trolls, like so many of us did.

How can the obligatory sex scene be incorporated in such a design? ;) Like the deer killing scene? *justkiddingorami*

Not gonna happen. God of War has grown up, you know. According to that Cannata guy it's actually "saying something" now (no idea what the pretentious twat meant by that). The overt masculinity in the old games was way too toxic for the fragile gaming minds of today.

How can people be so 'disappointed' by what seemed to be a very introductory first level? Nothing ever happens in the first level of any game these days. GOW3 started off with a huge bang because that's where the story from GOW2 left off.

They now have time to introduce a completely new world, new story, new characters (I consider this new, anger managed, Kratos a 'new character', as he has a totally different personality here), new combat dynamics. And they're clearly going in for the emotional connection as they've seen how successful that's been on other Sony games - the kid will OF COURSE die and Kratos will surely go crazy again, or at least that's my initial opinion.

They can hardly have a set up by throwing you in a huge action set piece, can they? And if they did, people would still complain that there was no set up, no context...

Nothing ever happens in the first levels of these games? Let me refresh your memory, son. God of War I started out with the Hydra battle and God of War II with the Colossus of Rhodes.

Back