God of War [PS4, PC]

I wonder how God of War would look like if it was strictly designed on Pro hardware/SDK? I'm pretty sure geometry, lighting and shader complexity from a 4.2TF machine would be drastically different than 1.8TF machine. Things such as texture size/quality, resolution (CB), and frame-rate would more than likely be the same (not change). However, geometry, lighting and shader complexity would have benefited more from Pro's beefier specs.
Would probably look something like Book of The Dead Unity demo but at 1080p native CBR to 1440p. The amount of geometry, lighting, textures, shaders are indeed of a significant difference.

Man I just die so many times but finally succeded during the
quest where you have to free Fafnir the dragon
I died like 50 times , probably due to poor gear but finally got it and got bunch of nice gears that.... I can't craft because of no ressources lol. I guess maybe that was a quest to do a bit later...And found out a bit late that you can switch the arrow types....

Come back when you geared up. That fight bothered me also, but I returned after killing first Valkyre, and I WRECKED THEM in a minute [with a big grin on my face lol].

I swear this game is that Unreal 4 Elemental tech demo actually realized in gameplay and then some, the particles, lighting, textures nad details are so incredible, I don't think any other game this gen has reached that height thus far. Although the
Hellheim realm
looks underwhelming compared to the rest, it's almost like they let an intern designing the level which is disappointing.

I'm about 13 hours in and I'm not even lying when I say this might be the best game I've ever played. It starts off a bit slow, but man... when it clicks, it fuckin clicks.

I absolutely love everything about this game, from the visuals, sound, presentation, character progression and combat system. I was really worried about the combat system, but once you unlock stuff, it really starts to click.

Come back when you geared up. That fight bothered me also, but I returned after killing first Valkyre, and I WRECKED THEM in a minute [with a big grin on my face lol].

Lool Damn right. I was so focused discovering and wanting to finish most of the areas of Midgar and find all the chests and loots I forgot to advance to the main objective....I think I 'm like Level 2....I could beat level 5 to 6 but got wrecked by level 8 LOL.
I think i m gonna follow your advice and continue the main quest to gear up a bit. and come back to try to unlock more things.
Have you tried the hardest difficulty yet ? What does change ? do enemy pattern changes ? resistance ? you get one shot inone kill ?
Just read that SM is not planning any dlc in the future as the game is already complete.
I didn't leave Midgar and i already put 22 hours.

Finally got the game and played several hours. So far, I'm impressed by every element of the game. The gameplay is really the strong point of the game, but i really like the way how the story is narrated. Compared to ND games, it's more immersive and less intrusive. That axe mechanism is so good. Plenty of good ideas in this game.

I'm playing on a 1080p tv with a Pro and the game looks gorgeous.

Finally got the game and played several hours. So far, I'm impressed by every element of the game. The gameplay is really the strong point of the game, but i really like the way how the story is narrated. Compared to ND games, it's more immersive and less intrusive. That axe mechanism is so good. Plenty of good ideas in this game.

I'm playing on a 1080p tv with a Pro and the game looks gorgeous.
You've got to somehow drug one of your friend, sell his kidney and get a decent 4k hdr tv to play this man, it would look almost like a different game:).

So I'm having some fun making videos for this game. Yestreday I made one for one of the more challenging Nornir chests in the game (at least so far). It's the one in the Witch's Sanctuary where you need the Winds of Hel. If anyone needs help, here it is:

Plus that pesky, elusive (at least for me, I got stuck on something simple) Legendary chest in the Wtich's Cave:

Also, I have a playlist (most for Nornir and Legendary/coffin chests) over here:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUeP4wqAXXLCYDjn5xaGKQJjBuS5mQ6aI

Go easy, I'm fairly new to this. :p

The game really is very good. There's no hype as far i'm concerned. The game truely deserves its phenomal praises. The gameplay is incredible... also Atreus is not only here for cosmestic, it is truely useful in combats. The game feels extremely ambitious, i'm impressed.

It is in good position to become my favorite game this gen which was HZD before God of War.

Here's another nice comparison highlighting the changes in some character mdoel's details and lighting changes. from one of the trailers.
Man I loved the kind of reflection effect of the water on Kratos in that trailer. Wonder why it was removed in the final retail.
Also i personnaly too prefer the non too saturated colour of the trailer version. But overall prefer the details and some subtle facial expression from the retail.
Something i wished was doable on console is to change de FOV. I didn't have particular problem with it in GOW but sometimes was hard when surrounded by multiple ennemies and the quick turn didn't always helped.

Are any of you playing with custom remapped buttons ala GOW III ? or are you using default controls ? Sometimes I' m having struggle with L1 and L2 as I want to use the shield and I end up going to throw stance. Or it happed to me doing a command I didn't want to like the holding R2 for the concentrated heavy attack instead of throwing the axe.. I wish they 'd implemented swipe button with the touch pad for switching the arrows for example.
I lvoe experimenting with the skills and combos. and I love using the " time skip " evasive move..And godammit, i had my first encounter with a valkyrie...I have to gear up more and more. I' m strength level 4 I think and overall stats level 2.

I like this game, I play on give me a challenge and I did not change anything to the command. I will play again tomorrow but I did the fight against the first real boss.

One of the best boss fight I played and so intimate with great camera work and great actor playing the boss.. I like his taunt to Kratos...

Last edited:
Late to the party but I finally started this and what can I say that hasn’t been done already.

Well for one I haven’t seen many people rave about the particles. Honestly it’s the best use of particles, and so damn many of them, I’ve ever seen.

The lighting? Holy crap.

Hard to get over how good this game looks.

As for the game itself, it almost gives me flashbacks of my trauma from Bloodborne which is kind of a good thing I guess.

Late to the party but I finally started this and what can I say that hasn’t been done already.

Well for one I haven’t seen many people rave about the particles. Honestly it’s the best use of particles, and so damn many of them, I’ve ever seen.

The lighting? Holy crap.

Hard to get over how good this game looks.

As for the game itself, it almost gives me flashbacks of my trauma from Bloodborne which is kind of a good thing I guess.
I keep telling those common folks here on B3D :), the lighting, particles, models are a godsend in this game. This is truly the perfect gift for Z9D.

I play too on 1080p on PS4 Pro. I will not buy a 4k TV before HDMI 2.1 compatible TV if for example PS5 launch in 2020 but next year we have HDMI2.1 TV I will buy one and it will be my PS4 Pro and PS5 TV...

Just finished the game, thoroughly enjoyed it from start to finish and took roughly 40 hours without completing all the side quests. Really excellent story telling, good character development, convincing voice over and the emotional presentation takes me home straight to the masterpiece such as The Last of Us. Some really thrilling, grandeur boss fights and I only wished there's more! Digging the combat greatly, it's fun and addictive not to mention beautiful as f***. The graphics and art blew me all the way to Asgard and I didn't even need a rune to unlock that realm:). What an experience man, it's a 10/10 for me.
You know it's very likely the sequel would be on PS5 and that just boggles the mind how much further SSM can push the graphics and tech with a say 12 TF beast, knowing how crazy it looks on a 1.84 tf PS4. OK photomode, come forth quickly now.

Back