God of War 2: Divine Retribution (PS2)

Titanio

Legend
It's in this month's Game Informer - looks fantastic. Have no info right now, but just head's up, and that yes, it is confirmed for PS2.

It's too bad it's using the same engine though. Could somebody with this month's gameinformer explain how they're improving the gameplay? Thank you in advance!!!

nintenho said:
It's too bad it's using the same engine though.
Well, that's one of the most impressive engine on the PS2.

SCEA Santa Monica invested a lot in this engine, I'm not surprised to see them using it for a sequel/another game on PS2.

Vysez said:
Well, that's one of the most impressive engine on the PS2.

SCEA Santa Monica invested a lot in this engine, I'm not surprised to see them using it for a sequel/another game on PS2.
Yeah, but why don't they at least try improving it? They don't have to write a totally new engine, but have your programmers do something in those two years!

nintenho said:
Yeah, but why don't they at least try improving it? They don't have to write a totally new engine, but have your programmers do something in those two years!
They probably tweaked things here and there, but they didn't rewrite large parts of it, indeed.

But, once again, I'll stress the fact that the engine is already as good as it can be for the PS2.
It has no IQ problems (It uses Mip Mapping, supports a 480p signal, it has a deflickering filter), pushes a great amount of Polygons, has no visible loadings, supports a lot of effects and runs in 60fps.

The only thing they could improve would be the lighting/shadowing, but then again, that would be maybe asking too much from the PS2.

Vysez said:
They probably tweaked things here and there, but they didn't rewrite large parts of it, indeed.

But, once again, I'll stress the fact that the engine is already as good as it can be for the PS2.
It has no IQ problems (It uses Mip Mapping, supports a 480p signal, it has a deflickering filter), pushes a great amount of Polygons, has no visible loadings, supports a lot of effects and runs in 60fps.

The only thing they could improve would be the lighting/shadowing, but then again, that would be maybe asking too much from the PS2.
Fine, but now I'm jealous of how well your tag matched your post......

I know this is good news. But are we forgeting something? With the confirmation of this game for the PS2, doesn't this mean that there's a strong "possiblity" of GT4 Online Edition?

Also, I'm not sure due to the quality, but it seems the second game looks smoother in some area? Or perhaps that's just the day time.

.Z

Yeah, it certainly strengthens that GT4 Online rumour. But didn't the accompanying GoW2 story mention a PS3 version also? That much does not seem to be true.

I may be confusing my rumours though ;)

nintenho said:
It's too bad it's using the same engine though.

No it's not [moderated].

Anyways, it seems that Kratos is still the main character, I wonder how that is so considering how the first game ended. In the recent 1up interview Jaffe said that they probably won't be at E3, I wonder why since it seems they already have lot's of material for the game, maybe he was pluffing or Sony is seriously focusing on PS3... I dunno. I wonder when will I be able to put PS2 into rest, with games like this popping up it might never happen :)

Oh, Jaffe was definitely bluffing. He even said at the time that Sony was still thinking about whether to do a sequel or not, but fairly obviously they made their minds up a little while ago (or at least had green-lighted a start to the project).

Back