glad everyone is going wireless

DemoCoder

Veteran
I have a home theater. My screen (120") sits 19 feet from my couch. My A/V closet sits 14 feet from the screen. As a result, people who sit on the couch must drape wires 5feet across the floor AND I must leave the glass doors open on my cabinets.

Being able to hide the consoles away in the wall, and sit on the couch with no wires need is infinitely better. I've got a wireless PS2 controller, but it sucks. Here's hoping the bluetooth versions on PS3 are better.

I don't mind cable so much, but if I can feel the lag, I am going to get a USB version or something.

It's not on purpose. Screen size is dictated by room geometry per THX. My room just happens to be long and narrow (23 foot long, 14 feet wide). Due to the way it is organized, I have to put the couch at one end, and screen at the other, otherwise it would be hanging in the middle of the room which is lame. If I put the couch in the middle and TV against the wall, it would be hard to walk around the couch and access theother part of the room. To maximize openness (I like sparse modern design), I had to have them diametrically opposed.

Once that was decided, I was *forced* to buy a screen of those dimensions, otherwise I'd have to pay an additional $2k for a special projector lense to make the image smaller, and at 19feet viewing distance, a smaller screen would violate THX's recommendations of 2x-4x screen width's viewing distance.

When you have a projector, big screens are easy, as the cost difference between 80inchs and 120inches isn't that much and you can buy some silver paint and make your own on a canvas if u want.

Has it been confirmed that PS3 will come stock with a wireless controller? (Seriously...I don't think I read one way or the other, other than we know it supports wireless...)

Back