Give AlStrong Super Mod Rights!

Prevents cross contamination / mods debating with mods over sub-forum policy/procedure ?

Not that I would try to moderate those other forums for problems, but I suppose it'd be nice to do some thread splits or post moving when users request something simple (when other mods are unavailable).

No biggie to me. :)

Prevents cross contamination / mods debating with mods over sub-forum policy/procedure?

Or it's just inefficient.
Imagine:
A spam bot starts a spam thread in forum A. I report it, but no forum A's moderators are online (they may have their own life). Unfortunately other moderators are online, but they can't do anything.

Not correct. Moderators can still easily ban users regardless of where they committed the infraction/spamming.

You situation also assumes no admin users are online and no other super-mods are online. With the anti-spam plugins the site has, the message shouldn't have links to spam sites, so it's already lesser spam.

Hi everybody!
Is there a special reason, why moderators are just moderators for their forums and not super-moderators?
Are you kiddin' me?! The guy already drops banshees on people, and you want to extend his powers?! :oops:

Seriously, I'd say the person to ask first of all is Al. With greater power comes greater responsibility, and more work. If some forums are needing more coverage, it may be better to find more local mods rather than asking existing mods to extend their patrols. Is it possible to have a sub-moderator class that can only clean up? Would anyone even want to do that?!

Back