Ghostwire: Tokyo [PS5, XBSX|S, PC, XGP]

Seems to come out earlier than many thought with March 24.
2022012010261541.png

Visually the game looks really good after polish and I know this is not a PS4 game at all. In Deathloop art direction is good but I prefer the Ghostwire rendering. On the first video of Ghostwire I was finding the game ugly out of the art direction.

Visually the game looks really good after polish and I know this is not a PS4 game at all. In Deathloop art direction is good but I prefer the Ghostwire rendering. On the first video of Ghostwire I was finding the game ugly out of the art direction.
Well it’s clearly a PS4 game. Interested to see the upgrades for ps5, If any. Not expecting much to be fair. But it does look fun.

Well it’s clearly a PS4 game. Interested to see the upgrades for ps5, If any. Not expecting much to be fair. But it does look fun.

Like Deathloop the game will not release on last generation console but here between the raytracing and the texture quality I know this is not a PS4 game. This is not Matrix demo quality but better than a PS4 game.

It's using UE4. I might be suffering from lack of imagination right now, but has any game using a last gen engine managed to avoid at least a bit of cross gen - ness?

Maybe Returnal in places?

It's using UE4. I might be suffering from lack of imagination right now, but has any game using a last gen engine managed to avoid at least a bit of cross gen - ness?

Maybe Returnal in places?

Hmm, cross gen and previous gen games like spiderman,
Death stranding, looks more current gen than this.

As for ue4 games... Hellblade 2 still use ue4 right? Albeit it is still far away from release.

Exactly. As well as low-poly models (in just a few seconds I could see quite a few edges in the dog).

Yeah the fur also looks very last gen.

Btw in the interview, the dev says that the streaming was hard, but helped tremendously by PS5. So maybe it was originally made for PS4.

Anyway. As for the gameplay itself, it seems the battle is fun but the traversal is annoying (limited to anchor points like the samurai ghost game I forgot the title). The open world formula also seems to be highly adopted from ubisoft

This game started development as a PS4 title.

Like nearly every title currently release on PS5 but the development move to PS5 pretty early. This is not the Matrix demo or looking as good as Demon's souls or Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart but currently it looks like a decent PS5 title.

And I was finding the game visual stylish but ugly during the first presentation.

I
Like nearly every title currently release on PS5 but the development move to PS5 pretty early. This is not the Matrix demo or looking as good as Demon's souls or Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart but currently it looks like a decent PS5 title.

And I was finding the game visual stylish but ugly during the first presentation.
I think it looks like a PC port of a PS4 title. Looks fun though.

Back