Ghost Recon Ad. Warfighter (XBOX Version)

This looks very very good for current gen guys.

tom-clancys-ghost-recon-advanced-warfighter-20060106053252769.jpg

Pic 2
Pic 3
Pic 4
Pic 5

So what do ya think?

mckmas8808 said:
This looks very very good for current gen guys.

So what do ya think?

Unfortunately for the Xbox360 version, this one looks STUNNING. The Xbox360 version looks great, but, unfortuantely, to the average consumer, there does not seem to be a stunning magnitude of change in visual detail. Though, with HDR+bloom, fsaa, final version details...maybe the difference will really be as great as the initial cg-targets suggested.

It appears the draw distance is larger in the 360 version? And I love the fire and explosion effects. But besides the resolution bump there aren't many differences...

1127171692.jpg

1127171694.jpg

1127172819.jpg

1133232731.jpg

Hardknock said:
It appears the draw distance is larger in the 360 version? And I love the fire and explosion effects. But besides the resolution bump there aren't many differences...

I agree with you Hardknock (I think that's the first time ever :oops: ), so due you think it goes to show that the Xbox still has a lot of life in it and this is a great achievement for the Xbox or does it show that the X360 version just isn't being pushed enough and it just shows the truth of 1st gen next-gen games?

mckmas8808 said:
I agree with you Hardknock (I think that's the first time ever :oops: ), so due you think it goes to show that the Xbox still has a lot of life in it and this is a great achievement for the Xbox or does it show that the X360 version just isn't being pushed enough and it just shows the truth of 1st gen next-gen games?

I think it's a little of both, the xbox is a powerful machine and I wish it had more games to show that

the xbox360 version of this game looks like it uses some of the same art work with higher res texture(or used the same artwork for the xbox with lower res textures), but the draw distance is huge, and the lighting is a lot better, some things look better like the sand bag have more shape to them in the 360 version in the xbox shots the look kinda flat with just the textures

mckmas8808 said:

I think the xbox version looks like ass, and would look even worse when the jaggies are in full effect on my TV.

All this says to me is: Next-gen got here right in time,

scooby_dooby said:
I think the xbox version looks like ass, and would look even worse when the jaggies are in full effect on my TV.

All this says to me is: Next-gen got here right in time,

Come on scooby ass? I can see if you said it didn't look that good, but ass?

pegisys said:
the xbox360 version of this game looks like it uses some of the same art work with higher res texture(or used the same artwork for the xbox with lower res textures), but the draw distance is huge, and the lighting is a lot better, some things look better like the sand bag have more shape to them in the 360 version in the xbox shots the look kinda flat with just the textures

True. Taking a second look, the 360 version does indeed look tons better than the Xbox version. Higher res textures, more geometry, bigger draw distance, improved lighting and special effects. Also looking at the Xbox version it seems very bland, hardly any color used and there seems to be a serious lack of variety and detail in the textures unlike the 360 version.

czekon said:
:?: :?: :?:

c'mon it dont look much worse then X360 version
do you own an Xbox360?

I ask because I can tell you, until you see an X360 game running on your HDTV at home, you can not make that comparison from screenshots.

I know this because I have one with an HDTV and comparing the games I own to screenshots (or even the best looking Xbox 1 games) does not compare.

Night and day.

Gone are the days where screenshots on the internet give us enough info to make that sort of statement. IMO

scooby_dooby said:
hey man, i've been gaming on 360 in HD for like 2 months now, that looks like ass to me :p

Well comparing it to a next-gen isn't really fair now is it? I'm talking about for a current gen game do you think it looks like ass?

Are there any Over the shoulder screen shots for the Xbox version, seems only the 360 has the 3rd person shots.

The Xbox version does look better than GR2 for the most part, but I think the 360 and probably the PC version will be excellent. I notice like on the pavement, the 360 looks much nicer and the Xbox pavement looks like it is just one texture without any treatments.

Of course the Xbox360 version looks better (more geometry, draw distance, better lighting, effects, textures), and its noticeable at a glance.
But because the Xbox looks so good, I think it just makes the Xbox360 version look a little average as an upgraded "next-gen" port. Basically, if you don't have an Xbox360, you won't feel like you're missing out on much.

Same with DOA:U to DOA4. Games which pushed the Xbox to the max are going to shame their next-gen counterparts, for the first-gen software anyway.

Viewing on a HDTV will really seperate the two though.

Ass

mckmas8808 said:
Well comparing it to a next-gen isn't really fair now is it? I'm talking about for a current gen game do you think it looks like ass?

For current gen game, it looks ok. Textures ok. Geometry not so great. Only thing I like is some objects like trees have good detail but look what is cost ... it is very bad draw-distance.

For comparison with Xbox360 version, its really really bad. Xbox360 versions has much more geometry. Look at sandbags of Xbox version, it is like normal wall with sandbag texture and bumps only on top surface, but Xbox360 has nice shapes like sandbag on sides of walls. Lighting for Xbox360 is much much better and more (less pre-lit surface), texture is much much better, bump-map on rocks is great, draw-distance is much better. It is not so fair to make this comparison. Xbox360 version is big step improvement. Not perfect but this is one Xbox360 game where improvement is very large.

I've watched the x05 Gameplay footage again and the lightning is the best i've seen on a x360 game so far.
http://xboxyde.com/news_2119_fr.html

746_0008.jpg

746_0007.jpg

746_0001.jpg

This was from an old build, and judging from recent interview the game has evolved dramatically since that build. ( Lightning depending on cloud coverage, wind, self shadowing, etc )

If only they could make it run at 60fps, it would be so damn impressive...

mckmas8808 said:

i don't think it's very good even for an xbox game, it looks like crap compared to Splinter Cell 3.

And really, my point was, looking at that muddied mess of textures just convinces me more that there is no life left in current gen and the step to next-gen is well overdue.

Rosman's images look considerably better than the other ones linked into this thread...

Back