Ghost Recon 3 Advanced Warfighter video

The subtly in the lighting does not look to great (great lighting/shadowing = the difference in next game games IMO), but it is hard to see if it is really detailed or not texture wise. To low res/quality to see much. Looks kind of hard to judge. Cars look poor (like the screenshots) and the firing looks odd. The 3rd person view seems to work ok, but I would prefer seeing some FPS view.

Another title you need to wait and see in action I think. These videos are REALLY poor quality, so it is hard to judge the game at all. Overall I have not been impressed with the art in the game. Looking back at the screenshots everything has a distinct "square" feeling to it. e.g. the courtyard where the tank comes in. Where GR3 movies stood out was render quality (prerendered?), particles, and animation. But who knows how the final will look.

Great engines cannot overcome power art and level design.

I wish it only was an artistic issue but i fear this game has more stuff behind.

Quote from 1up.com preview:

"The biggest question for anyone who's followed Ghost Recon: Advance Warfighter since its unveiling on Xbox 360 is: Does the actual game look anywhere near as good as the mindblowing trailer Ubisoft showed just before E3 this year? Well, disappointingly, no -- the next-gen dream is over."

Well that sucks. I was really looking forward to this game. When is this supposed to come out anyway? Hopefully its just an early build and it will be much better when released.

OK, do not start pd0 story again. GR3 will NOT look like cgi e3, but it will look cool. Wait for some substance. 1up is very antiMS.

Heh... the screenshots from Ubi have been a pretty good indication of how it looks, and those lean toward what 1UP.com is saying. Not that every report is right (e.g. the negative IGN comments about PDZ followed by praise later in the day) but it does not appear to look like the E3 footage.

Ironically, SOME games, like Oblivion and PGR3, have lived up to it. Is this a time issue?

About Oblivion living up...ummm. I don´t want to seem anti-x360 or nothing similar ( in fact i am in a doubt about purchasing it ) but the latest news are that the build shown has no shadows and still is a little choppy. And both, GR3 and Oblivion are launch titles, no time to miracles, at least in the first case.
What seems clear is that the two only clearly tri-cored games: COD2 and PGR3 are the only ones to make a difference ( in the first time the 60 fps is not achieved by any pc out there ).

Last edited by a moderator:
Again, I did not see anythin. AntiMS spam over web is awesome. "you know game does not like so good blah blah.." Wait for some shots.

Geeforcer said:
Actually there are 2 GR3 threads from ~2 months ago where we discussed the discrepency in screenshoots and footage Ubi showed.

Now THOSE would be relevant ;) Of course we should wait for the finished game to judge, but back then I was being trashed pretty hard for even raising the point: Why is their media so different?

MS/Devs have done a poor job of holding onto media that looks poor. PDZ, GR3, Madden, Kameo, etc... these games may turn out great, but some of the stuff shown really raises eyebrows

I must have missed them during my break from the console forum, which I might add did wonders for both my sanity and my sculp itch.

There are gameplay clips and a developer interview at Gamespot. The totally different co-op campaign sounded nice, but the rest was not too interesting. The player kept stopping in the open when faced with a bad guy, slowly aiming for him and then gunning him down. The player should be DEAD by that time.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/655/655875p1.html
The game ran at a rough 60 FPS, but the slow movement and collision detection on many obstacles slowed down the game's feel, and if you add the regular, methodical pace of Ghost Recon in there in this 60% compete build, and it all adds up. Don't get me wrong. The game is indeed fun, but this early build made use our imagination a little more. The game we played was neither anti-aliased nor was it optimized. So, come launch and it should look spanking good.

The single-player game should be entertaining all on its own, but once you're through with that, it's all co-op and multiplayer. On the co-op front, up to four players can play in four exclusive missions designed solely for online (or SysLink) co-op. These co-op missions comprise completely new maps, and follow a new storyline takes place in Nicaragua and takes up after the main story in Advanced Warfighter.

We think Ubisoft has a killer thing going on here. The changes made in Ghost Recon 2 ushered in a new kind of excitement for this series, with Summit Strike carrying on the excitement into the summer. Advanced Warfighter is not only superbly pretty and stacked with great new camera angles, gadgets, drone plans, multiplayer levels, but it's also got that sweet four-player co-op game, featuring four entirely exclusive maps. Come November 22 Tom Clancy has a Thanksgiving present for you, and it's called Advanced Warfighter, baby. Gobble it up when the time comes.

The Good News (TM): The demo shown was only a 60% complete build--they are much further with the title than what was shown. 60fps @ 60% done? Sounds like a solid 60fps is possible. 4 player COOP, 16 players online...

The Bad News (TM): It is a launch title and who knows how far they really are. It has some problems in what was seen... hopefully those get resolved.

Bah, there's already too many launch titles to buy anyways. No room for average looking games.

I wish they'd set it back till January or February and make sure it's graphically excellent.

I hope the game allows at least 12 players for co-op like with Summit Strike. On some missions it was needed.

scooby_dooby said:
Bah, there's already too many launch titles to buy anyways. No room for average looking games.

I wish they'd set it back till January or February and make sure it's graphically excellent.
I was thinking the same thing. I am not sure these are all launch titles, but they appear to all be launch window games:

(Racing)
PGR3
Test Drive
NFS
Full Auto

(FPS)
PDZ
CoD2
Quake 4
Condemned
GR3

(RPG)
Oblivion
FFXI

(Adventure/Platform)
Kameo
King Kong

(Sports)
NBA2K6
NBA Live
Madden NFL Football
Amped
Top Spin
FIFA

Out of those I am keeping my eye on Kameo, Oblivion, PGR3, PDZ, CoD2, and the sports titles as possibly "Good to Great" games. i.e. stuff 8.5 in a review or better. PDZ may fail, but it also may have some KILLER gameplay. CoD2 and Oblivion appear to be on a good pace for 8.5+ titles. Kameo has turned into one of my favorite titles, and PGR3 is a just a killer game IMO (as long as it plays well, which early indications from today is that it plays great).

GR3, Quake 4, Condemned, Test Drive, and maybe Kong are wild cards. Quake 4 could be very good (or more Doom 3 action). Kong could be a good upgraded port. Condemned and Test Drive (MMO Racer?) could be really good or really bad.

A poor GR3 showing will have some hard competition. Overall it looks like the Xbox 360 launch is going to have a bit of everything. Definately one of the best launches I have ever seen.

Back