Ghost of Tsushima [PS4]

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by Globalisateur, Oct 30, 2017.

1. eastmen

Legend Subscriber

I was talking more about the console. The experience on a 1.8tflop ps4 vs a what 12tflop + ps5 (if not closer to 20tflop) is going to be a huge difference

2. London-boy

London-boy Shifty's daddy
    Legend Subscriber

How do they do that ridiculous effect with the red leaves on the ground being kicked up by the characters as they fight? I never thought that’d be possible on current hardware and it looks incredible.

3. Karamazov

Veteran Regular

that's already done in other games, like driveclub, but on a smaller scale of course.

PS: only have a VR version of it

London-boy and Recop like this.
  4. Silent_Buddha

Legend

Have seen things like that in many games on PC, and I assume their console counterparts would have them too. Can't think of any off the top of my head.

Hell, there's a game coming out on PC that has physics simulation for every single pixel in the game. :) Where there's a will, there's a way.

I really like how it is used in the demo reel for Ghosts, though. But I keep getting negatively distracted by the overuse of DoF. /sigh.

Regards,
    SB

London-boy likes this.
  5. turkey

Regular Newcomer

There is some Nvidia tech that does it, it was in the last Batman. Interactive paper debris simulation.

London-boy likes this.
  6. Shortbread

Shortbread Island Hopper
    Veteran

So, I happen to come across this gif at Era, having that holy sh** moment :shock:. Thinking to myself, that couldn't be a real-time render, but merely a CGI/Offline cutscene from leaked footage of Ghost of Tsushima. I did find a video (not posted here) showcasing certain aspects of Ghost of Tsushima from this past January, including a house fire.

[​IMG]

@21:20 for house fire. IMHO, the best real-time render depicting fire (possibly fire propagation), and particles blowing about.

#106 Shortbread, Jun 4, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2019
    DSoup, Picao84, AlBran and 2 others like this.
  7. Nesh

Nesh Double Agent
    Legend

thats real time? Are you kidding me?

8. ultragpu

Legend Veteran

How's that leaked? Isn't that from the initial reveal trailer? The fire effect does look fabulous alright, Sucker Punch is one of the first to utilize gpu particles extensively for PS4 so it's no surprise they have improved upon that drastically in their 2020 title:). This is another semi next gen title at least graphically, you put Sekiro next to it and it's almost a whole gen difference.

9. eloyc

Veteran Regular

I wonder how this game will look and perform in a standard PS4...

10. Sigfried1977

Veteran

So far, Sony has given users of the old PS4 little reason to be sceptical about their efforts.