Ghost of Tsushima [PS4], Ghost of Tsushima: Director's Cut [PS4, PS5]

I was talking about the Ghost of Tsushima

It is the same for Sucker Punch... No team 1rst or 3rd party release their best game from a technical point of view with the first game on a system and this time we have a midgen console. And they were working on near launch game. They are probably one of the team doing the biggest progress because a team launching second gen game have help from other team, use the sharing process, GDC and SIGGRAPH stuff and more time to work on the console and more time with final devkit. Very funny things some of the technology of PixelOpus for physics comes from Media Molecule for example. If you read public financial of MM, Sony paid them for some technical support for other team. Guerrilla Cambridge were doing many technical work for others teams too.

Last edited:
They said to EasyAllies it is a game on PS4 Pro.

Honestly, that could mean a cross-gen game for the next generation.

1080p on Pro and a much higher resolution on PS5 or maybe even 60fps, but no PS4 version.

The PS5 will certainly come in 2020 and some of the games presented by Sony could come in 2020...

But the PS4 can do that after all :

Honestly, that could mean a cross-gen game for the next generation.

1080p on Pro and a much higher resolution on PS5 or maybe even 60fps, but no PS4 version.

The PS5 will certainly come in 2020 and some of the games presented by Sony could come in 2020...

But the PS4 can do that after all :

They said the trailer is running on PS4 Pro not on PC or PS5 devkit...

Last edited:
There's so many Poppins especially on the trees and the animations also doesn't connect well from one another

Hopefully they can polish those in the final release

They said the trailer is running on PS4 Pro not on PC or PS5 devkit...

This doesn't contradict what i'm saying :

- A Pro version at 1080p = the one showed during this E3.

- + an upgraded version that will run at 4k/60fps or at 4k with much better settings on PS5.

- No PS4 version.

But i don't think that will be the case. I just wanted to point out that there is a possibility that some games showed by Sony would be cross-gen even though everything was running on the Pro during the show.

When i say cross-gen, i mean no PS4 version because it would mean too much compromises : 720p, etc.

Last edited:
This doesn't contradict what i'am saying :

- A Pro version at 1080p = the one showed during this E3.

- + an upgraded version that will run at 4k/60fps on PS5.

- No PS4 version.

You think they will not release on PS4 :nope: and the game is not running at 1080p in the footage we have...

I think the game will run at 1080p on PS4 and checkerboard or temporal upscaling to 4k on PS4 Pro and when the game release on PS5 native 4k 60 fps on Ps5.

EDIT: Seeing the footage of night footage I think maybe the sky and cloud technology is the same than Horizon Zero Dawn

Last edited:
Ithink the game will run at 1080p on PS4 and checkerboard or temporal upscaling to 4k on PS4 Pro and if the game release on PS5 native 4k 60 fps on Ps5

I agree with you. I pointed out a possibility but the probability that i'm right is very low.

What you are saying is far more probable.

This game looks STUNNING (IQ, the assets are amazing, etc.), but I have to point something out:
upload_2018-6-14_16-16-53.png

Maybe in the picture it doesn't stand out as much as in motion, but the total lack of shadows for the grass ruined that moment for me, because I instantly spotted it and I found it so weird and noticeable. The ground is very well lighted while the grass is very dark on its side that's not facing light (almost black). It's not grounded at all.

This game looks STUNNING (IQ, the assets are amazing, etc.), but I have to point something out:
View attachment 2610

Maybe in the picture it doesn't stand out as much as in motion, but the total lack of shadows for the grass ruined that moment for me, because I instantly spotted it and I found it so weird and noticeable. The ground is very well lighted while the grass is very dark on its side that's not facing light (almost black). It's not grounded at all.
Stop ruining my excitement

Interesting information I've not seen/read elsewhere but which Sucker Puncher covered in the panel

The game, which tells a fictional original story, is set on a Japanese island in 1274 when the Mongols invaded Japan. This is a significant historical invasion because it was the first recorded use of gunpowder in warfare - presumably this means primitive firearms and bombs are present. In that scene with Jin (the samurai)me on the horse looking down at the fields covered with pampas flowers, they estimate there were was 500,000 flowers in that scene. :oops:

As expected, if you can see something in the open world, you can go to and interact with it. Lots of player agency on how to play; "full samurai" (combat) to "full ghost" (stealth and sneak assassinations) or anything in-between. Dynamic weather and time of day for this game, unlike inFamous where these were fixed as part of their aim to set a tone for specific missions. Enemies will react to you. Revisiting the E3 trailer, notice when Jin blink-kills the first baddie, the other enemies all stop advancing and take a step backwards in shock as the sudden death of their baddie-friend.

Tons more I probably missed.

That DR FP16 awesome sauce.

More seriously. PS4 pro is no Xbox One X or high end PC, but it's still 2 times more powerfull in the GPU side of things over the PS4 that brought us games like UC4 and HZD.
It'll be interesting to see how standard PS4 compares to the Pro version.
We may see a wider gap than in UC4 or HZD as devs try to maximize the Pro.

Last edited:
You people are crazy if you don't think 95% of all the effort isn't going into the base PS4 version. They use the pro because the resolution sells better at conferences and it's probably runs much smoother at the moment on the Pro. Games still almost got a year of dev time left.
I don't believe this game is dated , so if its a 2020 game it can simply be a ps4 pro / ps5 launch game. The ps4/ xbox one are going to start showing their age really soon. I would expect both ms and sony to drop them in favor of the newer systems

I don't believe this game is dated , so if its a 2020 game it can simply be a ps4 pro / ps5 launch game. The ps4/ xbox one are going to start showing their age really soon.

Nonsense. Console games are like wine, they get with age.

Back