Ghost of Tsushima [PS4], Ghost of Tsushima: Director's Cut [PS4, PS5]

If you want to say games that are more "grounded" or "more realistic", that's different from saying "anime" which has any number of variations between realism and overly whacky and everything in between. Pretty much everything you've mentioned is a "anime" as the rest because its based on Japanese aesthetics and mannerisms, which is pretty much ingrained into anime itself.

By "anime" i guess you mean current day anime which of most mainstream lot is extremely flamboyant and over the top, but there's all kinds going back to the inception of animation in Japan.

the_best_tenchu_wallpaper_ever_created____by_deidarathehotty_d51dts5-fullview.jpg

^ Official Tenchu illustration

51GPFAJ4GDL.jpg

THe actual box cover of Bushido Blade 2

Both very anime in regards to aesthetics, but also very grounded and realistic in nature

We are not arguing the realistic approach of GoT, I agree. I just stated that I prefer it to typical Japanese devs manga/ anime stylised games, including feudal Japan based. I played some of them, checked the others. Bosses coming from inside of other bosses, growing limbs, shooting lasers and butterflies, medieval chicks in colourful dresses or miniskirt armours and folks with 10-feet katanas. Demon's and magical creatures and overall peculiar aesthetics.
Here are some of the feudal Japan games you listed:
https://www.google.com/search?q=ni-...biw=1280&bih=800&dpr=1.5#imgrc=Hoqo04E7exNNcM
https://gamerweb.pl/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/OnimushaWarlods-11.jpg
https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/Jay...4/Sekiro_Great_Shinobi___Owl_guide_header.jpg
https://static.miraheze.org/https:/...f5a9909eda092a6b26134582368/c/c5/Soki_880.jpg
https://www.google.com/search?q=bus...ECBUQAQ&biw=1280&bih=800#imgrc=bd0zBTm5wIOm4M
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net...81518_o.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20191008112632
Are we seriously going with Yakuza Ishin being an anime game? Seriously? Because there's a dance/karaoke minigame?
Anything remotely goofy or fun and it's suddenly an anime game?

If you want to say games that are more "grounded" or "more realistic", that's different from saying "anime" which has any number of variations between realism and overly whacky and everything in between. Pretty much everything you've mentioned is a "anime" as the rest because its based on Japanese aesthetics and mannerisms, which is pretty much ingrained into anime itself.

By "anime" i guess you mean current day anime which of most mainstream lot is extremely flamboyant and over the top, but there's all kinds going back to the inception of animation in Japan.

the_best_tenchu_wallpaper_ever_created____by_deidarathehotty_d51dts5-fullview.jpg

^ Official Tenchu illustration

51GPFAJ4GDL.jpg

THe actual box cover of Bushido Blade 2

Both very anime in regards to aesthetics, but also very grounded and realistic in nature
Those are artwork and not how the actual games look like.

Those are artwork and not how the actual games look like.

Um have you seen the character select screens and ingame models of both games? None of that looks similar to real people especially bushido blade. Both are heavily based in anime stylings.

Are we seriously going with Yakuza Ishin being an anime game? Seriously? Because there's a dance/karaoke minigame?
I ve got news for you. GTA V is an anime game :yep2:

Jokes aside, I think Yakuza does have characteristics of anime

I'm not willing to go any deeper on this discussion of what kind of cartoonines is more anime inspired and what isn't

Sufice it to say, my original point was it's great to have a more kurosawa like game out for a change. That has no monster, magic powers, or karaoke dances. Something that takes things more slowly and subtly.

one of the first "samurai" game i remember playing

one nice thing was you had to salute other samurais you met, if not they would start a fight with you ^^

My first Samurai game encounter was Sword of the Samurai by Microprose. I remember it fondly.

You started off as a samurai and it even had ninjas to do some .. erm dirty work. You could also grow your army and have big battles, divide up your forces and do the pincher attack. The game had everything, challenges, betrayal, marriages(kids from marriages), assassinations, diplomacy, sword fights, ronin encounters, kidnapping, tax your lands, dynasties etc. Your main objective was to eventually become Shogun and rule Japan. :)

Last edited:
Can anyone explain to me why MS/Sony/Anyone keep doing these 'live streams' at 1920 video quality. And by that, I mean the year 1920.
Clearly they have the same 4K footage ready to be posted right after that, so why bother with 1920's shitty "live stream" to begin with? Post the bloody video and off you go!
Sorry late and behind. Perhaps already said; but COVID restrictions messed things up. All streaming services across the board downgraded a lot of high quality streams to support more people using the internet at home. Some telcos are also limiting as well. So if everyone is watching the same stream the quality will be downgraded. If no one is watching it can still stay high. Etc.

Sorry late and behind. Perhaps already said; but COVID restrictions messed things up. All streaming services across the board downgraded a lot of high quality streams to support more people using the internet at home. Some telcos are also limiting as well. So if everyone is watching the same stream the quality will be downgraded. If no one is watching it can still stay high. Etc.

I understand that, but my point was that the footage doesn’t need to be “live streamed” at all. It’s recorded anyway, not live, and the 4K version is quickly posted by Sony for all to see in full glory, so what the heck is the point of “live streaming” that same footage, and hyping that live stream so it’s the one that most people will watch, when the stream comes out at 480p when we’re lucky! They should just post the 4K version and be done with it.

I understand that, but my point was that the footage doesn’t need to be “live streamed” at all. It’s recorded anyway, not live, and the 4K version is quickly posted by Sony for all to see in full glory, so what the heck is the point of “live streaming” that same footage, and hyping that live stream so it’s the one that most people will watch, when the stream comes out at 480p when we’re lucky! They should just post the 4K version and be done with it.
Oh lol.yea. Perhaps you’re right.

I'm not willing to go any deeper on this discussion of what kind of cartoonines is more anime inspired and what isn't

Sufice it to say, my original point was it's great to have a more kurosawa like game out for a change. That has no monster, magic powers, or karaoke dances. Something that takes things more slowly and subtly.
We're talking about a game that let's you jump from roof to roof, grappling hooks and Batman style multiple take downs. You're saying this is like Kurosawa because it has a black and white filter.

Back