geForce4 ti 4200

Discussion in '3D Hardware, Software & Output Devices' started by micky, Dec 15, 2004.

1. micky

Newcomer

I know its an old board etc etc etc, but its what I have and I can't afford an upgrade.

Is it really that bad a board? Obviously compared to new boards it will be, but to look at it in isolation?

Will it allow me to see games like Doom3, Farcry and HL2 with faily good graphics-nothng too fancy but on the other hand, not a situation where all options have to be scaled down.

2. cristic

Newcomer

Yes it will.

A friend of mine still has a GeForce4 4200 64MB and he so far enjoyed Farcry and Doom3 with it. :)

3. digitalwanderer

digitalwanderer Dangerously Mirthful
    Legend

If you don't use AA or AF you should be alright. :)

4. Murakami

Regular

It's still a very good VGA, also very cheap: i just bought one (new) for only 40 € (64 mb, AGP 8x), and it works very well...Doom 3 runs perfect (800x600, texture details on medium, all effects on, no AA or AF).

5. AAlcHemY

Newcomer

Played HL2 in 1024x 768 everything high on my ti4400.

6. Nappe1

Nappe1 lp0 On Fire!
    Veteran

for casual gamer, it's excelent card. I have one on my parents computer (Ti4200 64MB) and it does everything need to. (costed me 35 Euros.)

Track Mania, Flat Out, etc. runs very well on Duron 1200 (SIS 735 platform with PC-100 SDRAM) though you can't max the graphics but you can keep them still more than aquadate level.