Geforce3 VS KyroII Incoming Forces shots

kyronet

Newcomer
they are available at KyroNet
http://kyro-net.paraknowya.com

Screensize: 1024*768
KyroII (Vivid!XS): DirectX8.1, 1.4 driver, (reduced vertex shaders)
Geforce3 (Ti200): DirectX8.1, Nvidia Detonator 27.70, (normal)

The demo rocks!!!
The Geforce3 pics are vertex sharders enabled!

You can actually see the particle effects on Geforce3.

(KyroII does not support vertex shaders) Yet, KyroII runs great with a little bit of slow down, but the generally speed is good. :cool:

I wasn't able to view the JPG's. I will not use IE 5.X only to view your page and I don't upgrade to Flash5 only for your site too.

I use Opera 5.12 and if necessary my good old netscape 4.X

Works fine in Opera 6.0.
I'm no big fan of flash though, especially not as a GUI element.

The page worked for me but all I could found is stupid flash animations. I was unable to find the screenshots in the screenshots sections, and by that time I got tired of the junk, and I gave up.

I wonder why web designers insist on creating pages that are:
1. irritating
2. unusable
3. takes forever to load

I found one good thing on that page however; there's a poll on the design. :smile:
(And you can vote even if you don't have flash.)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Hyp-X on 2002-03-09 23:30 ]</font>

I agree with some others...that site is an example of how not to use flash. It is possible to use flash in a way that doesn't so dratically impede the quality of site navigation...but most of the uses are like that, unnecessary and ungainly.

I don't understand what the "vertex shaders/reduced vertex shaders" issue is all about.

AFAIK, a vertex shader program can be run perfectly well on a CPU (otherwise the reference rasteriser would be an impossibility!). In fact sometimes it is faster to do so. (I recall there was a particle demo from the time of the GF3 release which demonstrated this quite amusingly - the GF3 slower than a Kyro with a (then) top-of-the-line CPU.)

I'm guessing it must be some other "issue".

Back