GeForce to Quadro Help

Discussion in '3D Hardware, Software & Output Devices' started by sportshopdirect, Apr 1, 2009.

1. sportshopdirect

Newcomer

Ok guys, need some MAJOR help with this one. I know that GeForce cards (most of them) use the same chipset and technology as the Quadro cards and you can modify the driver to allow use of the Quadro technology for professional applications (CAD, Solid Works, etc).

I have a GeForce 8600GT and I can see that is the equiv to a Quadro FX 1700. I can't figure out how to convert it to the Quadro to save my life! I've read all the documents about ravetuner and Soft Quadro, but every forum and article was written lik 3 years ago and I'm totally lost. Can someone please help me with a step by step instruction guide on how to do this? Thank so much!!!

2. Freak'n Big Panda

Regular

I knew this was possible in the GF3/GF4 days but is it still possible? It might not be. If the quadros use exactly the same board as your 8600GT you might want to try looking into flashing the VBIOS.

3. sportshopdirect

Newcomer

I read that this it was totally possible with this card and the .INF file confirmed it's the same as the Quadro FX 1700. Does anyone know how to do this?

4. bowman

Newcomer

All I know is that Rivatuner apparently performs this function, I've seen a tutorial and it looked simple enough.

http://www.guru3d.com/index.php?page=rivatuner

Don't take my word for it, I've never had a use for it.. Although what with this virtual machine 3d acceleration business there might be in the future..:grin:

5. sportshopdirect

Newcomer

Got it! Here is the link that tells you exactly how to do it for CURRENT cards.

http://www.techarp.com/showarticle.aspx?artno=539&pgno=1

Thanks so much for your guys' help, really appreciate it... you've been awesomem! I'm not sure if this is against the forum rules,
    but for everyone's help I'd like to give you a coupon for anything on my company's site, www.sportshopdirect.com. Just enter coupon code at checkout: CUST10

Enjoy and thanks again!

#5 sportshopdirect, Apr 2, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2009
  6. Freak'n Big Panda

Regular

can you get some f1 products in? lol