GeForce 6600 vs ATI Radeon X700 Pro

vindos

Newcomer
hi
i have a texture of type rendertarget ( size same as my screen ).Then am tryin to map the texture onto a rectangular vertex buffer( again size of screen). I have set the SamplerState as D3DTEXF_POINT. Problem am facing with Geforce card is that image is looking really blocky.But the same code produces a good quality image with ATI.
I dont wanna set SamplerState as D3DTEXF_LINEAR because its getting too blurred.I saved the texture as image and found that its quality is good. Its the process of mapping it to VB tats making it blocky.Is there any method that i should try so tat image end up on the screen having the same quality as the one in the texture.

Are you following the rules for directly mapping texels to pixels? If not, that can give artifacts similar to what you describe.

Have a look in the SDKs programming guide for more details on that one. There was a good thread over on GDNet about this. That was on a 6800 and X600, but close enough to what you're doing to not matter :smile:

I seem to remember the difference came down to ATI wanting the position to be offset and NV wanting the TC to be offset.

hth
Jack

Tnx

AM really thankfull 2 u 4 tat link.The guys in the forum were discussing the same problem i was facing:smile:

Back