Gears of War Movie announced

I really enjoyed what Paramount delivered on with the Halo story. So if Netflix delivers on better then it's going to be Great!

I hope they dont turn this into another superficial video game movie like Doom was. I got a hunch its going to be generic mindless action film with generic bulky personalities, that will be betting on the franchise's popularity for easy cash and not enough budget.
The franchises started so powerfully on the 360 and it's flame weakened over the years by not handling it properly. If this doesn't work it will be another franchise dilution.
This for me was the Halo of the 360. The mystery behind the locusts' appearance leaves a lot of potential to deepen the plot

edit: wait is this going to be a single movie or a series? There is more potential if this is developed into a series.

Just seen it is in the description. Talk about lack of attention. If its an animated series they should better not do what they did with Dead Space. That was craptastic

Easy casting choices, not sure on the other cast members though:
  • Dave Bautista as Marcus Fenix
  • Ryan Reynolds as Damon Baird

OK, here's to hoping that Netflix treats the Gears IP better than Paramount treated (shit on) Halo. :p

If it was Paramount doing it, there'd probably be a love scene between Marcus and Dom. :D

Regards,
SB
it's a worthy bromance with a large enough cast to do something with.
Gears 1-3 is likely enough here.

Back