Gears of War: Daytime Environment Pics (Very Nice!)

These trees are sick:

11837.jpg

11838.jpg

11839.jpg

11840.jpg

very old ;)

I think they came out when they made the speed tree announcement (that they would use it)

They're new to me, and ME LIKEY!!! :)

LOL, you gotta be kidding me. These graphics just r0xx0rs my s0xx0rs!

I like them too. They seem to have more life than what we are use to seeing. I just wish that they could be a little more natural looking.

mckmas8808 said:
I like them too. They seem to have more life than what we are use to seeing. I just wish that they could be a little more natural looking.

I think compared to the trees in this gen, these are amazing, they're not even in the same league.

I'm sure they look alot more natural swaying in the wind with the leaves rustling too.

You won't get more natural trees this gen unless playing a solo tree-on-tree fighting game, IMO. Trees (like all natural content) can gobble poly's, and these need to be skeletoned for animating. I think they're very good and as scenery when you're focussed on the action, will serve their purpose very well.

Just a tech-demo demonstrating the SpeedTree software package integrated into UE3.0, nothing to do with Gears of War.

I doub many trees will feature in GoW since it's an apocalypic-like world. ;)

well they were marked as GOW, but they may not be.

There has been some in game screenshots of the GOW characteer hiding behond a rock, in a forest with trees around him and a giant monster in the BG, so there will be something along those lines.

I wonder if that would change (daylight) since the creatures are supposed to be nocturnal.

scooby_dooby said:
well they were marked as GOW, but they may not be.

There has been some in game screenshots of the GOW characteer hiding behond a rock, in a forest with trees around him and a giant monster in the BG, so there will be something along those lines.

http://mondoxbox.com/images/shots/11840.jpg

See the windmill? The first UE3.0. footage had these, it's a modified version with the SpeedTree plugin.

I have noticed a lot of the demo shots marked as "UE3' have featured characters or architecture from GOW.

There were some screen shots, for example, of that big toothy beast with a howitzer chained to it's back from GOW, which were circulated as promotion for UE3.

I assume then that GOW is the very first title to be produced using that engine?

The only thing I hope they do in general is tone down on the--wait for it--shiny-shine! :p ;) That's a tendency developers seem to have in general, but it's not often that the surrounding foliage is blinding me with snow-like intensity, so I'm hoping they keep it for specific situations and leave the intensity lower otherwise.

Meanwhile, though, they look mighty good.

I would, however, like to repeat what is possibly the funniest press release title ever: SpeedTreeRT™ Named Sole Foliage Middleware Partner for Next Generation Xbox® Platform. I just wish Unaxis Balzer AG were one of their licensees. :)

cthellis42 said:
The only thing I hope they do in general is tone down on the--wait for it--shiny-shine! That's a tendency developers seem to have in general, but it's not often that the surrounding foliage is blinding me with snow-like intensity, so I'm hoping they keep it for specific situations and leave the intensity lower otherwise.

Oh bless you good sir. I knew something wasn't right about that tree. These trees need to be how can I say it? Ummm.... more realistic looking. Where have you ever been that a tree looked like this.

11840.jpg

I've never seen a tree like this. The art direction needs to turn the other way around or they could ruin their next-gen games. And you would think after all this years of bloom. o_O

I've never seen a tree like this. The art direction needs to turn the other way around or they could ruin their next-gen games. And you would think after all this years of bloom.

I have . ALl it is , is a tree with vines growing on it .

I've seen a tree that split and connected again and the reason it split was a tombstone. So now the tombstone is partial inside the tree .

Personaly this is more realistic

jvd you know what I mean come on man. :devilish: I'm talking about the shiny shine that cthellis42 was talking about. I know you have seen this in previous games this gen. I thought with all the new hardware and software we could leave this shine. Look at the leaves. NO leaf shines like that. Whats making it shine so so so bright? Everything else looks more natural in a way but that tree in too bright.

Back